402 Comments
Edited by Renegadegd

im kind of ashamed i got the quest on a sonic video.. eh, at lest its a quick look.
 
This looks like a game i have played 100 times already, but at lest they have gone back to the style that works for sonic. just wish it was all new content, as in new zone designs.

Posted by Xerxes8933A

Bhaa

Posted by Cramsy

Let's do this

Posted by Tyashki

The demo of this was interesting, though a little weird.

Posted by Banzai_NL

Mother-

Edited by adoggz

no Ryan? I is disapoint
 
I REALLY hate the animations and the look of Sonic.
 
also don't like the music, know what fuck this game

Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt

It defaulted to No on create a new game. LOL.

Posted by RagOnAStick

go sonic go!

Posted by heat

looks badddddd

Edited by ComradeKhan

Don't suck! I'm counting on you Sonic, don't F up another one. 
 
I think I'm gonna get this... I'll keep you posted on whether or not I enjoyed it. 
And I gotta say I'm kind of disappointed in the Giant Bomb guys' lack of knowledge about Sonic.  Mainly Brad - he said he would want Big the Cat?!?! and he assumed that Sonic fans would too?!?! Oh man thats bad.

Posted by Raymayne

aww no ryan

Posted by MisterChief

Should have gotten Ryan.

Posted by MagikGimp

This game is totally unnecessary.

Posted by karmakiller

I'm beginning to fear that no game will please giantbomb anymore. This game is what it is nothing more.

Edited by Einherjan

I'd rather play Sonic Adventure. I love the first two Sonics. I even own the cartridges, but this game feels like it is a little too late. At least, New Super Mario Bros. was a little more innovative. I am happy about the casino zone, though. It is as if Sega doesn't have any (good) original IP to put out, so they are going to try and "play it safe."
 
Still love the witty banter.

Posted by 234r2we232
So at what point does this become a bad adventure game? Are there dialogue trees with Big the Cat? Can I romance Amy? Can I hold the A button a lot?

@Renegadegd said:

" im kind of ashamed i got the quest on a sonic video.. eh, at lest its a quick look. "

I'm ashamed of your inability to post relevant comments to the video. But hey.
Posted by TheCheese33

"I AM BRIAN CRECENTE! GO, SONIC, GO!" 

Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis

Cool, a bunch of tedious bullshit.  Thanks, Sonic Team!

Posted by gosukiller

Oh, the Fourth Sonic game!

Posted by Sammo21

This went up kind of early, eh?

Posted by JPJordan

a whole lot of running right, mixed with occasional jumping right there.

Posted by transience

after ryan's sonic 4 rant it's really too bad he didn't get in on this.
 
then again, maybe there's a good reason for it!

Posted by jim_dandy

I never really understood the appeal of the Sonic games.

Posted by Buttonbasher
@Grnd_Lb_Knt said:
" It defaulted to No on create a new game. LOL. "
Most games do.
Posted by RecSpec

I really don't even know who the fuck this game is supposed to appeal to.
 
Sonic "fans" will hate it. People who don't like Sonic won't start.
Hell, even the worst of the Sonic apologists will find it hard to defend.

Posted by madroxcide

depending on the length this could still be a bit of a bummer but looks like anyone who enjoyed the old 2d sonic games you should enjoy this one. 

Posted by Sanious
@RecSpec: Don't see why. 
 
As a Sonic 'fan' it seemed really good from the demo.
Posted by mrsmiley

wow, so much negativity towards this game. i don't get it... all people do is bitch about all the new sonic games sucking because they're not like the old sonic games (which i agree with generally), so sega creates a sharp-looking sequel to the original sonic games, and now people are complaining it's not new enough? this is freaking sonic! it plays like... sonic! that's right... pressing A occasionally, running to the right constantly, having the maps do most of the moving for you... you know... SONIC.

Posted by Gamer_152

Very surprised to see Jeff had the same reaction to this game I did; objectively it looks like it shouldn't be that bad but Sonic feels just ruined at this point.

Moderator
Posted by Floppypants

Watching this is just making me reevaluate whether or not Sonic was ever good, because this rehash looks awful.

Edited by RoboRobb

game looks like a one last attempt to get people interested in Sonic again.... though his model looks hideous and animates horrendously 

Posted by ProfessorEss
@Floppypants said:
" Watching this is just making me reevaluate whether or not Sonic was ever good, because this rehash looks awful. "
Well, the first two levels of the original game were fun - it was all downhill from there in my opinion.
Posted by Renegadegd
@sofacitysweetheart said:
@Renegadegd said:

" im kind of ashamed i got the quest on a sonic video.. eh, at lest its a quick look. "

I'm ashamed of your inability to post relevant comments to the video. But hey. "
damn, unleash your internet hate. I thought id watch the vid first before i posted a relevent comment. kinda need more than 10 seconds don't ya think?
Posted by 234r2we232
@Renegadegd said:
" @sofacitysweetheart said:
@Renegadegd said:

" im kind of ashamed i got the quest on a sonic video.. eh, at lest its a quick look. "

I'm ashamed of your inability to post relevant comments to the video. But hey. "
damn, unleash your internet hate. I thought id watch the vid first before i posted a relevent comment. kinda need more than 10 seconds don't ya think? "
You're telling me this?
Edited by CaptainFish

It's kinda dumb how little you guys know about sonic if you're gonna hate on it.

Shoes have always just sped up the music track

Special stages in sonic 1 did not involve turning the stage, you controlled sonic and fought against the natural rotation of the level. Oh wait, I realize that Jeff corrects this later my bad.

Anyway, the music in this game seems pretty shitty overall. Especially the boss theme. The originals had better tunes, and even Unleashed had some nice songs. I do like the new mechanical additions to the levels, even though the homing attack is dumb and doesn't belong in an old school sonic. Overall, although I kinda like this idea, I think I would rather pay for Colors, which has the Unleashed gameplay I liked, than pay for this. Just in a one to one comparison, this isn't worth as much as Megaman 9 or 10. Maybe it cost more to make because of the new graphics, but they're pretty shitty anyway. If it had been a whole game 10 bux would have been fine, but 45 dollars is pretty steep, especially when we don't know if this is going to have all the episodes, and what the quality level will be going forward.

Posted by AlisterCat

No, you totally did pick up shoes.

Posted by FlappyHands

Yup... Sonic still continues to not be a big deal to me.

Posted by Goopynose

Jumping mechanic BLOWS! Sonic feels slower. Please download the demo first if you're thinking about getting this.

Posted by Ronald

This looks like a Sonic game, for better or worse.

Posted by icytower38
@karmakiller said:
" I'm beginning to fear that no game will please giantbomb anymore. This game is what it is nothing more. "
Agree with this 100%.
 
But then again, it does seam like there way of distancing themselves from every other video game site out there.
Posted by Hero_Swe

Wow, what's wrong with the physics? You shouldn't have to hold in right when in spinning ball mode?! Wow, talk about another fail then.
Posted by Spankmealotus

Is it just me, o is Jeff just bad at Sonic.

Posted by carlthenimrod

I wish the camera was pulled out more. It would be nice if this game actually took advantage of the 16:9 ratio of HDTVs.

Posted by shiro11

Disappointed in this on so many levels: visuals (especially the sonic model), music, and level design (which happens to make the game feel slow)

Posted by Jazz
@mrsmiley said:
" wow, so much negativity towards this game. i don't get it... all people do is bitch about all the new sonic games sucking because they're not like the old sonic games (which i agree with generally), so sega creates a sharp-looking sequel to the original sonic games, and now people are complaining it's not new enough? this is freaking sonic! it plays like... sonic! that's right... pressing A occasionally, running to the right constantly, having the maps do most of the moving for you... you know... SONIC. "

It baffles me too.
Posted by Lautaro
@mrsmiley said:
" wow, so much negativity towards this game. i don't get it... all people do is bitch about all the new sonic games sucking because they're not like the old sonic games (which i agree with generally), so sega creates a sharp-looking sequel to the original sonic games, and now people are complaining it's not new enough? this is freaking sonic! it plays like... sonic! that's right... pressing A occasionally, running to the right constantly, having the maps do most of the moving for you... you know... SONIC. "
Agreed.
Posted by Wes899
@Lautaro said:
" @mrsmiley said:
" wow, so much negativity towards this game. i don't get it... all people do is bitch about all the new sonic games sucking because they're not like the old sonic games (which i agree with generally), so sega creates a sharp-looking sequel to the original sonic games, and now people are complaining it's not new enough? this is freaking sonic! it plays like... sonic! that's right... pressing A occasionally, running to the right constantly, having the maps do most of the moving for you... you know... SONIC. "
Agreed. "
But that's not good. It was never good. Why do people care about this series at all? 
Posted by august
@ComradeKhan said:
" Don't suck! I'm counting on you Sonic, don't F up another one.  I think I'm gonna get this... I'll keep you posted on whether or not I enjoyed it. And I gotta say I'm kind of disappointed in the Giant Bomb guys' lack of knowledge about Sonic.  Mainly Brad - he said he would want Big the Cat?!?! and he assumed that Sonic fans would too?!?! Oh man thats bad. "
Newsflash: it was a joke.
 

Posted by zyn

Just give me another Sonic Adventure  -_-

Posted by Chris2KLee

I'm in the same boat as Jeff, I think my time with Sonic is past, but this looks like it might be a nice throwback for Sonic fans.