127 Comments
  • 127 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by grhud5194

The first trailer was better.
Posted by BossKong

It breaks my heart that this game is going to suck. It really dose.
Posted by dprabon

OH OH OH OH OH OH YEAH! 
I hate MMO's but this I'll buy! 
I love BioWare!

Posted by honeycut1

The trailer looked great, but it would have been nice to see some actual gameplay

Posted by sephirm87
@JCGamer:
yeah, these graphics would be cool in an MMO, at least until your computer (trying to render an entire universe full of these graphics) crashed as a result.  
Maybe you personally have a really souped up computer, but most people out in their target market only have decent computers to work with.
Posted by Kwontumn

Those 5 minutes and 41 seconds were better than the entire prequal trilogy! Trailer or not, that was a damn fine piece of CGI entertainment!

Posted by Skillface

Like Jeff said, people shouldn't be getting excited over this trailer, because you will be able to do absolutely none of this. You'll be right clicking. It's an MMO.
 
People seem to forget this simple fact.

Edited by Roger778

Bioware, I love you guys! You are the most amazing RPG Developers, and yet at the same time, you also know how to make great trailers.  That trailer was one of the best CGI Trailers I have ever seen. The only thing that worries me about this new MMO, despite it being a Star Wars game, is that it might get boring, to play, despite the fact that everything I've read sounds intriguing      

Please, Bioware, I'm begging you! Make a Star Wars Movie, not an MMO, or at the least make a KOTOR 3.  You obviously have a eye for cinematic games, so why not translate that into movies!. 
Posted by RE_Player1
@Skillface said:
" Like Jeff said, people shouldn't be getting excited over this trailer, because you will be able to do absolutely none of this. You'll be right clicking. It's an MMO.  People seem to forget this simple fact. "
No I understand that you won't be able to do any of the things presented in that trailer. I understand it is just a kick ass trailer for a Star Wars property. Who honestly thinks thats how the game will look and play?
Edited by EmuLeader

Trailer was cool for the sole purpose of visual entertainment.  However, it shows nothing about the game other than what the enemies and  protagonists will be.  I know its meant to build hype, but it seems unrealistic even from the fiction point of view.  Since when could any normal soldier beat a jedi/sith in hand-to-hand combat? sith have the force and a lightsaber and can't even fend off a normal unarmed (except for easily blockable guns)?  Only the main enemy showed any of what power a sith would have.

Posted by hatchimmmmm
  @BossKong said:
" It breaks my heart that this game is going to suck. It really dose. "


 
i think the same, a shame.
Posted by Malkavian_

Different game.... but this trailer is what Star War Battlefront should have been like.

Posted by MaddProdigy
@RVonE said:
" Why did the soldiers give up their tactical high ground immediately after they started the ambush? Another observation: no Jedi or Sith has ever showed the kind of power that is demonstrated in this trailer or like starkiller in SWTFU. I know this kind of stuff is in the books and whatnot, but it's still stupid. That said, Bioware knows how to put together some outstanding CG cinematics--I still love the CG trailer thay did for ME2 leading up to its launch. "
The power demonstrated in the movies was limited by the writing necessary for a blockbuster movie, as well as the technology of the time. Later films tried to make fights more epic, but could only go so far based on earlier work. Can't have Darth Vader tearing star ships out of the sky, too many questions come up like "why doesn't he just crush Luke with the force". So no, it's not stupid, it's awesome. What, so these feared lightsaber wielding people with super powers can only mind trick and push lightsabers out of other peoples hands? I much prefer imagining epic battles like the one depicted here. No, it's not stupid to show how a fight between these factions would actually go down. Would you prefer a trailer, or even a game, like the fight between Obi Wan and darth vader?
Posted by MaddProdigy
@DystopiaX said:
" If only there were a star wars game that looked and played like this...graphically it's not impossible, given that GT5 basically looks as good as this (and people had a hard time telling which was real and fake when given a set of photos of cars and their GT5 counterparts). "
lol uh dude. graphically, it is 100 percent totally impossible to have a game that looked and played like this, i can guarantee you. even with bill gates whole fortune and all the best of the top studios, it's just impossible with the tech we have. you cannot even begin to compare freakin GT5 to just the first frame of this trailer, let alone the whole thing. GT5 has to show you cars, and a track. have you looked at the stands, people, tracks, or anything except the cars in GT5? Now look at this. now back at gt5. now watch this again. ehhhh...
Posted by RVonE
@MaddProdigy said:
" @RVonE said:
" Why did the soldiers give up their tactical high ground immediately after they started the ambush? Another observation: no Jedi or Sith has ever showed the kind of power that is demonstrated in this trailer or like starkiller in SWTFU. I know this kind of stuff is in the books and whatnot, but it's still stupid. That said, Bioware knows how to put together some outstanding CG cinematics--I still love the CG trailer thay did for ME2 leading up to its launch. "
The power demonstrated in the movies was limited by the writing necessary for a blockbuster movie, as well as the technology of the time. Later films tried to make fights more epic, but could only go so far based on earlier work. Can't have Darth Vader tearing star ships out of the sky, too many questions come up like "why doesn't he just crush Luke with the force". So no, it's not stupid, it's awesome. What, so these feared lightsaber wielding people with super powers can only mind trick and push lightsabers out of other peoples hands? I much prefer imagining epic battles like the one depicted here. No, it's not stupid to show how a fight between these factions would actually go down. Would you prefer a trailer, or even a game, like the fight between Obi Wan and darth vader? "

While I'm all for the epicness of this CG video (I'd hardly call it a trailer for it relates to the actual game only by its setting and story hooks), I never liked this disconnect between the old movies and most of the material that came after it. That said, I did like the depiction of Jedi and Sith powers in KOTOR I & II because they feel more in line with the old movies; my guess is that The Old Republic as an actual game will resemble that also.
Posted by MaddProdigy
@SHADOWINFINITE:  This takes place 3000 years before the movies. Yes, those aren't clone troopers. No, none of them can look or sound familiar. This is an MMO, a completely, utterly different game than Force Unleashed 2, you cannot even compare the two slightly. Today has no star wars films...and the Jedi and Sith never go extinct. So uh...don't have thoughts, ever. Do some research, or just read more comments like I did
Edited by Siris

WHOA AMAZING! 
 
This is better than all the action scenes from every Star Wars movie combined! 
 
To everyone hating on the game, you have no idea what you are talking about so please.. keep your negative comments to yourself.

Posted by DCFGS3

Lol at the guy who just jogs up and throws that dude a gun.

Posted by Braqoon

I do like it. Proper SW if you ask me. Maybe there will be some cgi movie out of this like dead space ?

Posted by iSylence

I realise that didn't really say anything about the gameplay, but it was still a sweet trailer. Makes me want a movie based on those events really lol :)

Posted by haggis

Hell, that trailer's better than the last three movies. :/
 
But it's just a trailer, and tells us nothing about the actual game. Except that it's designers can make a good trailer.

Posted by fatalflame

Badass!!!! 
I'd but the game just if they had a Cut scene theatre mode or something... !!!!

Posted by The_A_Drain

I was all set to be genuinely interested in this, I hate Star Wars but this looked like a really good MMO to get me away from WoW for a couple of months. 
 
Then the Warhammer 40k Online Trailer happened. Blew any notion that I would be giving this game any thought completely out of the water. I will be playing W40K Online, and if it gets enough endgame support and has decent character/class/faction balancing, may not even go back to WoW if it manages to keep me long enough. 
 
Cannot wait for it, completely zero interest in this now.

Posted by faux

Too bad Old Republic is NOT Mac compatible...yet.  :(

Posted by Protome

All this trailer tells me is that Jedi will be OP =]

Posted by sora_thekey

I don't get it if it's waaaay before Yoda then why are there Clone Troopers? Aren't they Jango Fett's clones? that's like waaaaay after Yoda...
Somebody please dis-confuse me!

Posted by Newtime1

i know the game won't be like that, but fuck me man that was the shit!