49 Comments
Edited by ma_rc_01

yay finally got that quest!

also boo terrorists!

Posted by CaLe

I think the premise is quite interesting. 

Online
Posted by Greenshoes

OOOOH, topical.

But I guess it could be good.

Posted by onlineatron

If they nail the "Heavy Rain meets tactical shooter" gameplay the target render was promising, I'll be all over this.

Posted by AngelN7

What's with the guy in the Mocap suit? is that the new "Im a paintor" cover suit for terrorist?

Posted by ProjektGill

It's kind of crazy to think that either Ubisoft capitalized on the current 99%/OWS thing and this game was written in the last few months (most likely option) or they wrote this a while ago and now it's a happy coincidence.

@AngelN7 said:

What's with the guy in the Mocap suit? is that the new "Im a paintor" cover suit for terrorist?

Looks like a bike messenger outfit which would make it easy to get into a building.

Posted by Jerr

Holy shit, the premise of this game seems geniunely innovative.

Posted by Benny

Yeah, because dropping a bomb on a street of innocents is the best way to get at "the 1%".

Not a big fan, it'll probably be irrelevant in 2 years too.

Posted by drummand

Not interested in the bit of story shown here -- exploitative and point-missing in the worst possible way. Hopefully it's a Hans Gruber style misdirect. As it stands, I'm looking forward to the gameplay, but at least for the moment I'm not looking forward to the story.

Posted by Nights

Ah, so it's a propaganda piece.

Posted by nERVEcenter

@onlineatron: Which is exactly why Rainbow Six vets will not be all over it.

All we want is a tactical planner and open level design. I don't think this series will ever return to that.

Edited by Mr_Skeleton

The best thing about this trailer is that I didn't need to watch the VGA to see it.

Posted by AlmostSwedish

@ProjektGill said:

It's kind of crazy to think that either Ubisoft capitalized on the current 99%/OWS thing and this game was written in the last few months (most likely option) or they wrote this a while ago and now it's a happy coincidence.

@AngelN7 said:

What's with the guy in the Mocap suit? is that the new "Im a paintor" cover suit for terrorist?

Looks like a bike messenger outfit which would make it easy to get into a building.

There have been bailouts and such ever since the crisis started, I doubt they rewrote the entire game based on what happened jsut a few months agoe, especially considering the teaser that "leaked" earlier this fall.

Edited by RoyCampbell

Very few trailers do anything for me.
 
This one I enjoyed for some reason.

Posted by theodacourt

I was more excited when I thought the subtitle was Pirates.

Posted by Boss_Kowbel

I truly love the homegrown terror scenario that Ubisoft is going for. I'm tired of Middle Eastern/Russian conflicts. While many people may not agree with this new direction, I feel Ubisoft has a lot to emotionally gain from developing a war within our U.S. borders.

Posted by deltaalphabravo

@nERVEcenter said:

All we want is a tactical planner and open level design. I don't think this series will ever return to that.

I too remember when Rainbow Six wasn't a generic corridored shooter. I too also share the belief that we'll never see the like again. :(

Posted by 014

The graphic style of the people look like something Disney would create. That's just what came to mind. 
 
I've been looking forward to this game. This trailer is just a reminder.

Edited by Skald

So I get to save Goldman Sachs executives from a militaristic parody of Occupy Wall Street?

That's a, uh, weird premise.

Posted by darkjester74

@Mr_Skeleton said:

The best part about this trailer is that I didn't need to watch the VGA to see it.

Indeed!

Posted by Napalm
@Skald said:

So I get to save Goldman Sachs executives from a militaristic parody of Occupy Wall Street?

That's a, uh, weird premise.

I'd much rather be the militaristic parody, honestly.
Posted by Ghostiet
@Jerr said:
Holy shit, the premise of this game seems geniunely innovative.
Not really. The trailer shows the enemy, you still control Rainbow Six.
Posted by MiniPato

@Mr_Skeleton said:

The best part about this trailer is that I didn't need to watch the VGA to see it.

I think the best part is the terrorist disguised as a bike messenger. I don't know why I find that funny.

Posted by mekklesak

I don't know If I want my world to look like the one at the end of Fight Club. To quote someone else on another board. "..Sh*t ain't Thunderdome," here in the America, but that's what these movements seem to be going for.

Posted by Death_Unicorn

SO CONTROVERSIAL!>$@!)9421

Posted by Humanity

It's totally believable that some people would get so fed up with the whole banks situations they'd take up arms but I dont think those people would be hardened veterans or anything.

Either way I'm not pro Occupy or anything but I'd find it hard to give a shit about saving the lives of rich CEO's and executives.

Posted by Ardennes

Being Pro-occupy, I find this trailer hilarious. No doubt it was probably written 1-2 years ago, but it the timing makes it come off as unintentionally ridiculous. It is like an un-ironic Ghandi 2.

Posted by Summoboomo

@Humanity:I'm willing to bet that the terrorists in this game are being funded by the other rich CEOs and it's just one of those 'you'll always be someone's lackey' messages.

And a significant amount of the people in the Occupy movement are veterans. I doubt they're interested in strapping bombs to people, though.

Edited by Blackout62

I refuse to believe that the frustrated 99% could afford suits that nice. Just look at the great cut on the blazer when the guys walking, and the pinstriping when he's whispering in the ear of that poor corporate executive.

And don't just tell me they rented them, because that's probably exactly what they did.

Posted by LifeByDegrees

I'm curious why they toss the guy out into the busy streets. Though- this sort of behavior isn't really unusual for the world of Clancy- and one could say not entirely unusual in the general terrorism sense.

Why not just torch the offices? And if your worried about the other buildings- get creative.

But all - I suppose- is in the service of drama- for better for worse.

I'm pro-sensible bad guys/creativity over drama. I'm anti- killing innocent people.

Online
Posted by leebmx

@LifeByDegrees said:

I'm curious why they toss the guy out into the busy streets. Though- this sort of behavior isn't really unusual for the world of Clancy- and one could say not entirely unusual in the general terrorism sense.

Why not just torch the offices? And if your worried about the other buildings- get creative.

But all - I suppose- is in the service of drama- for better for worse.

I'm pro-sensible bad guys/creativity over drama. I'm anti- killing innocent people.

Also its probably a little dangerous for them to detonate a bomb directly outside the building they are in. - The whole thing can't be as dumb as it seems.........surely?

Posted by chilipeppersman

very nice, this game looks legit

Posted by LifeByDegrees

@leebmx: If they're thinking Clancy- possibly. But it could just be a "dumb" video game.

Online
Posted by rtoast

So, can we side with the terrorists in this game?

Edited by warxsnake

@ProjektGill said:

It's kind of crazy to think that either Ubisoft capitalized on the current 99%/OWS thing and this game was written in the last few months (most likely option) or they wrote this a while ago and now it's a happy coincidence.

@AngelN7 said:

What's with the guy in the Mocap suit? is that the new "Im a paintor" cover suit for terrorist?

Looks like a bike messenger outfit which would make it easy to get into a building.

The game was not written a few months ago, it takes about a month to even make the trailer, let alone an entire game's storyline.

More like a few years ago, it's been in pre-prod dev for a while and the 99% bullshit is coincidence.

Edited by dvorak

@rtoast said:

So, can we side with the terrorists in this game?

They've been doing it for years in multiplayer, so why not right?

This is kind of just something to get the juices going, though. I'm sure you'll be hanging with Ding Chavez and 86ing some tangos.

Posted by phrali

ubisoft. not interested.

Posted by Ronald

Wait, so this is Rainbow 6 vs the Lalilulelo?

Posted by alConn

So why do they drop the banker into a street of innocents? That seems dumb and counterproductive. Just hang the banker and display his body as a warning (obviously).

Posted by max3000

@Ronald said:

Wait, so this is Rainbow 6 vs the Lalilulelo?

THE LA LI LU LE LO?!?!

Posted by CodeFire

PPffff, the 99%, right guys?

Posted by Nasar7

@CodeFire said:

PPffff, the 99%, right guys?

Seriously, who let that riff-raff in here? The nerve of these people...

Posted by CodeFire

@Nasar7 said:

@CodeFire said:

PPffff, the 99%, right guys?

Seriously, who let that riff-raff in here? The nerve of these people...

Yeah, I know...

Posted by Zamir

I'm willing to bet that their will be a line in the game from one of the members of rainbow six to one the members of the "True Patriots", that "BUT, NOT LIKE THIS" before the climatic end.

Posted by Stubee

Lets be fair guys, the game (and most likely this trailer) would have started production waaaay before all this 99% hippie bullcrap. You could just see it as good/bad timing.

Posted by White

Rainbow 6: La Li Lu Le Lo is the dumbest name ever.

Posted by hawkinson76

@nERVEcenter said:

@onlineatron: Which is exactly why Rainbow Six vets will not be all over it.

All we want is a tactical planner and open level design. I don't think this series will ever return to that.

ugh, I did not enjoy the original Rainbow Six at all. I really wanted to, I loved the concept, the aesthetic. The first time I loaded up the 3D tactical map I was in love! But things quickly devolved into either trail and error or following walkthroughs step by step, either way the AI teammates didn't make simultanous entry a good idea, so I would jump between leaders and crawl through with each team separately, not the lightning strike I was hoping for. Like Hitman, I did not enjoy the deconstructing each level through iteration, I wanted to be given the tools (intelligence, teammate AI, a "caddy" to help me plan early on) to feel empowered when going through a level (randomly generated maybe) for the first time!

Posted by theberserker

BRUTALITY!

Posted by MeatSim

Those occupy wall street people have really gotten out of hand.