Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viking: Battle for Asgard

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 25, 2008

Hack thousands of foes into pieces while rage against Hel's forces in this third-person action game from Creative Assembly.

Viking: Battle for Asgard for 20$ Should I go for it?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By demonbear

Also please comment your choice. Thanks for the help, i'm a bit on the fence on that one and the reviews are not helping, then again, the reviews were when they were asking 60$ for that game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I have the game and I rather enjoyed it.  The gameplay does get repetitive but, the games concept is really neat.  For $20, it's a solid deal.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By demonbear

Looks like theres lots of similarities with God of War, is it the case? Loved GoW 1

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By p00rdevil

@demonbear said:

Looks like theres lots of similarities with God of War, is it the case? Loved GoW 1

Well I just came off Dark and Demon Souls and decided to give this game another whirl. Yea there are some similarities with God of War. There are some QTE battles against mini bosses, but there are not any huge monsters to fight or climb up like GoW or Shadow of Colossus, or more recently Dragon's Dogma ( which I have yet to play ) For the battle climaxes instead of your typical one on one boss fight, you participate in a huge siege of a major Viking city or fort. This battle stars you and a cast of thousands! You and your liberated Viking allies, scores of them, attack and overcome the enemies who are defending the captured city. The game actually changes gears and goes from a more traditional hack n slash to something like a RTS game. You are given an overarching view of the battle and options for carrying out the battle plan. There is even a dragon you can call in to the battle, as a kind of aerial attack, that wreaks havoc with his fiery breath. You assign him a target and watch him wipe out dozens of enemy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.