Veni Vidi Vici

#1 Edited by benmatth (17 posts) -

I beat the main game with 10 trinkets in 1 hour 30 mins. Doing this one trinket took me another hour and 30 mins. I wanted to send this to the game's developer, but this will have to do:

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this (not mine):

#2 Posted by DeF (4808 posts) -

why do we pay money for torture^^

congrats to you :) I can only play this in very small chunks

#3 Posted by Legend (2652 posts) -
@benmatthews:  LOL, I would love to see your reaction when you try to unlock The Kid from I Wanna be the Guy in Super Meat Boy. XD
#4 Posted by CaptRoFL (77 posts) -

So, that Meat Guy.
Any kind words?

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11710 posts) -

I feel your pain. That part took me a

D:
#6 Posted by MasterSquirrel (63 posts) -

Oh man, that's hilarious. XD

I beat this game last night and the majority of that time was spent getting that one trinket. I don't believe I've ever felt so good completing a challenge in a video game.

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

Oh wow, this stuff reminds me only too well why these masochistic platformers aren't for me.

#8 Posted by Mr_Shenanigans (8 posts) -

XD  Great job beating that one, it took me over 150 deaths.... 

This game is hard, but not the hardest I've played :P 

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11710 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" Oh wow, this stuff reminds me only too well why these masochistic platformers aren't for me. "
Well to be fair, it's mainly just this particular part (and it's optional). The rest of the game is nowhere near as bad.
#10 Posted by benmatth (17 posts) -
@Legend: I have that pre-ordered on steam. It's been an agonizing month since I saw the QL for that game and decided I have to play it, but in two days it shall be mine.
#11 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Congratulations man! I was looking into getting this but I think the pain will be to much haha

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Must... resist urge to buy....

#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5807 posts) -

I wish there were more parts like this. The rest of the game was fun but nowhere near as difficult

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
" Oh wow, this stuff reminds me only too well why these masochistic platformers aren't for me. "
Well to be fair, it's mainly just this particular part (and it's optional). The rest of the game is nowhere near as bad. "
Granted, this is a particularly hard part. I've seen this game before though and I still don't think it's for me.
#15 Posted by Allprox (538 posts) -

It's a travesty that this won't win GOTY.

#16 Posted by hypersnegl@gmail.com (9 posts) -

I just decided to never get that trinket!

#17 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

That part is brutal.

#18 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Heh I'm on that bit right now, soul crushingly hard... :(

#19 Posted by onarum (2016 posts) -

Yeah that particular trinket is unholy man.... I bet the developer laughs his ass off everytime he thinks about people playing that part.

#20 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

God damn that part, I fuckin beat it though. Beat it's ass. After 200 tries.

#21 Posted by reddin (417 posts) -

I recently decided to play it again in anticipation of Super Meat Boy (two more days :D) and went for all trinkets. This particular one took me well over 500 tries on three different play sessions. I obviously suck at this game, but I still love it :)
Getting that trinket is definitely one of my best gaming moments of 2010.

#22 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -

I found that area today.  I got to the top maybe twice but I'm too stupid to then flawlessly reverse my motions on the way down.

#23 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -

Hah, I played this part yesterday and it took me about 45 mins to pass. Strangely enough, I didn't even rage one bit. I think the fact that you respawn instantly when you die removes any and all frustration for me.

#24 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -
@Tordah said:
" Hah, I played this part yesterday and it took me about 45 mins to pass. Strangely enough, I didn't even rage one bit. I think the fact that you respawn instantly when you die removes any and all frustration for me. "
I don't rage, but I think when I was going at it for more than 15 minutes my hands would get shaky and I'd make myself stop. 

Also, finally got it myself after probably 200-300 deaths.  I got very close one time, but I actually snagged myself on the spikes on the screen you start at.
#25 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I never had that many issues with that part =P
#26 Posted by Alphonzo (756 posts) -

This game is a cocksucker. I don't hate myself enough to go for that trinket, but I did find the elephant..........that was cool.

#27 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -
@Legend said:
" @benmatthews:  LOL, I would love to see your reaction when you try to unlock The Kid from I Wanna be the Guy in Super Meat Boy. XD "
My thoughts exactly
#28 Posted by armaan8014 (5333 posts) -

I really don't see how people can bear to play such torturous games! When I play I wanna have fun an enjoy it, not smash my screen!

#29 Edited by demontium (4707 posts) -

veni vidi exire - I came I saw I left.

#30 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -
@armaan8014: It IS fun. Everything surrounding the difficulty of VVVVVV helps to make it not frustrating; the instant respawning after death, checkpoints in every room, the awesome music. Dying is not a big deal in this game.
#31 Posted by emem (1961 posts) -
@armaan8014: I guess you have to be really competitive to endure it and maybe hate yourself a little bit, too.  

It didn't take me that long to finish the game, Super Meat Boy was a lot harder.. but the stories are both very entertaining, great games.
#32 Posted by armaan8014 (5333 posts) -
@Tordah said:
" @armaan8014: It IS fun. Everything surrounding the difficulty of VVVVVV helps to make it not frustrating; the instant respawning after death, checkpoints in every room, the awesome music. Dying is not a big deal in this game. "
Ah yes, the instant respawning and checkpoints are a good thing. Well in any case, I enjoy watching people get frustrated while playing games like these at least :D

@emem said:
" @armaan8014: I guess you have to be really competitive to endure it and maybe hate yourself a little bit, too.   It didn't take me that long to finish the game, Super Meat Boy was a lot harder.. but the stories are both very entertaining, great games. "
Yeah I love great stories too, possibly a reason why people endure the torture. But I'm not brave enough to play these games :P
#33 Posted by Romination (2776 posts) -

Such a joy seeing other people's pain at this part. Ah...

#34 Posted by Sweep (8825 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" I feel your pain. That part took me a
D: "
heh
#35 Posted by CABBAGES (521 posts) -

Just did this bit and it felt great when i got it :D 
I Got it in about 10 to 20 mins wich was alot quicker than when i thougth i would.

#36 Posted by Dynamitekyle (530 posts) -

Probably took me about 300 tries until I finally got it.

#37 Posted by waldfield (4 posts) -

I just want to say the cutscene you get as a reward for finding all 20 trinkets is really awesome.

I won't say "is totally worth it," because if you don't have fun spending half an hour on veni vini vici, no cutscene on earth would be worth that, but if you did have fun making gradual progress on that very difficult challenge, as I did, the game definitely rewards you.

#38 Posted by EvilAshe (48 posts) -

I completed the game (with 11/20 trinkets) with a little under 1000 deths. 180 of them where getting this one shiny.

The fact that the game doesn't cut out the music when you die saves it from being unbearable, after I Wanna Be The Guy I have the first few seconds of Megaman 2 - Wily Stage forever stuck in my head.

#39 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1173 posts) -

Thats nothing, get a V Rank on that level.

#40 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Try staying in the gravatron for 1 minute lol. My best is like 8 seconds.

I beat Veni Vedi Vice 6 times in a row, it's a cake walk. Admittedly, I play the hell out of the game and practiced that part haha. Gonna try to make a video of me doing it blind-folding. First time doing that though was a huge pain in the ass, a lot of F words too.

#41 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

It isn't even that difficult.

#42 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

Veni vidi vici was such a good album. I used to love the hives.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.