Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

War Thunder

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

War Thunder is a free-to-play air, ground and naval combat game set in the World War II, Cold War and Modern eras.

Hey, Ground Forces is in Beta Now

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

So it finally happened, we've got tanks in our War Thunder.

There are only two sides, Germany and the USSR, but it feels so far like a lot of the systems they have in place are really well thought out and fairly solid. As someone who's played about 6k battles in World of Tanks, this definitely feels really fresh despite being outwardly pretty similar.

It's got a few bugs (mostly related to movement), but I will say this: It sounds and looks a heck of a lot better.

Only just got the first T34, the original 1940 version, but I'm really digging the combat here. Anyone else tried it yet? Just like before, it's free to play, and available on Steam.

I tried getting some decent screens from some matches I played today, might post them in a bit to show the ground game off

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By IamTerics

I've played this a little but with friends and its pretty rad. Everything feels just realistic enough where its not difficult to play and that's something I really like about War Thunder in general. Not to mention that it looks and sounds great.

Been switching back and forth between the two factions. I think I prefer USSR, since they're early tanks seem to be a tad faster and I prefer its gun. Though the StuG is really fun too.

Only thing I don't like is the framerate. Its playable(being pretty slow paced) but I regularly get sub 20 frames while planes I can get over 60 sometimes, and I play on laptop. I'm hoping that that's just optimization though. Other than that, tanks are great. Can't wait to see how they pair their different vehicles up.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

So there have been a couple patches to deal with bugs and compatibility issues, anyone still playing?

I'm diving into Realistic Battles more often, it's neat to see the differences between Arcade/Realistic/Simulator all applied to the same game. Other than map design, which I have a bit of a beef with, I'm still having a lot of fun.

My ingame handle is GiantStalker, feel free to add me and we can team up for some platoon (or whatever it's called here) matches

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.