Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Other Games That Play Like Warframe?

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I really enjoyed what I played of Warframe and I am looking for another game like it. Im wondering if there is a game that plays like warframe(controller friendly if on PC) but is a fantasy setting(bow&arrow, sword&shield). Ive been in the mood for something like that but everything seems to come up short.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Mooooonster Huuunter Wordl? :P

I'm not quite sure what aspects of Warframe you want to keep since its primarily a fast shooter, which maybe doesn't translate great to fantasy. There's plenty of fantasy loot games out there though if you are just looking for the farming aspect.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Its a bizarre Gears clone in a fantasy universe. The story isn't great and the weapon degradation is endlessly frustrating, but there's something fascinating about it. I think maybe its a terrible concept done really competently? But it's also cheap and sort of like Warframe, if you haven't played Warframe in years. Which is why I thought of it.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Elder Scrolls Online

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: was mostly thinking direct combat, having abilities to augment and help combat but not be how combat is played. MMOLite of Warframe also was fun being able to go solo if I wanted or group up with randos to get some loot. I not sure if "Play like warframe" is the best comparison but I just came off playing warframe and enjoying it so thats what I went with :P

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe a dumb answer, but Destiny if you haven't played it. I know Warframe went from "the poor man's Destiny" to a better version of Destiny, but it still plays well mechanically and while it's mostly guns, if does have swords and the like in it.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi: Ive played Destiny and Destiny 2 already and got my fill. Like you said Warframe is a better Destiny

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By rapid

If your willing to jump through the hoops to get the fan english patches, Phantasy Star Online 2? Sega never putting it out in North America officiallly was what got me

start playing Warframe back on 2013. A lot of Warframe's early game design was much inspired by Phantasy Star Online.

Also, a lot of Warframe players in the GB community are currently playing Monster Hunter World. The depth of systems to discover in MH if your new is like if you play Warframe.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By nutter

@charongreed: I dug Hunted: The Demon Forge. You’re right, it had a lot of issues, but it was unique amongst the Gears-likes (clones is a bit harsh), and provided me with some online co-op fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.