Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

A crucial planet size factory is under siege by millions of Orks. As Space Marine Captain Titus, you must lead your soldiers to stem the tide until help arrives.

So Co-op Uses Competitive Multiplayer Mechanics and Gameplay

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

Yeah - it makes sense to make Co-op integral to the competitive multiplayer experience rather than the singleplayer campaign...

...BUT the singleplayer gameplay mechanics are just so much more fleshed out and complete and empowering. Titus gives me the full 'BE THE ULTRAMARINE' experience. The broken-apart class based Space Marines of competitive multiplayer don't hold a candle to the elation of being Titus.

Co-op's fun, but compared to being the real deal in the singleplayer campaign, it's a bummer. I wish developers would do 'Halo-style' co-op more often. The Co-op experience integral to the singleplayer campaign instead of the multiplayer threadmill is so much better! At least in games with excellent singleplayer experiences.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Yeah - it makes sense to make Co-op integral to the competitive multiplayer experience rather than the singleplayer campaign...

...BUT the singleplayer gameplay mechanics are just so much more fleshed out and complete and empowering. Titus gives me the full 'BE THE ULTRAMARINE' experience. The broken-apart class based Space Marines of competitive multiplayer don't hold a candle to the elation of being Titus.

Co-op's fun, but compared to being the real deal in the singleplayer campaign, it's a bummer. I wish developers would do 'Halo-style' co-op more often. The Co-op experience integral to the singleplayer campaign instead of the multiplayer threadmill is so much better! At least in games with excellent singleplayer experiences.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mazik765

I really enjoy the multiplayer. Sure it doesn't give you as much of a power trip but that doesn't make sense lore-wise in the multiplayer, and to actually be challenged has a little more staying power than essentially being inherently more powerful than every enemy you encounter.

Although I do wish they had campaign co-op in this game, as I know my room mates would love to play it with me.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By crazyleaves

Uncharted 2 & 3's co-op is like this and it works just fine. Plus a game like Space Marine probably doesn't scale as well as something like Halo either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.