Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and others reunite for a sequel to their hit 1988, post-apocalyptic CRPG Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is fan-funded from a successful Kickstarter campaign.

A four-part "quicklooks" of this game by Marbozir on YouTube

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This forum is not quite what I call lively so let's get something started, shall we?

There is this guy, Marbozir, a Polish who put out an abundance of turn-based strategy gameplay footage on YouTube at an alarming rate. He has been playing and capturing the final early access build of this game daily and this game looks incredible.

I love Fallout series and the new-XCOM introduced me to the the turn-based excitement and tension. So check it out if you like!

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Year of the TB continues. I have been holding back from anything and everything about Wasteland other than watching updates and user reviews but all i know is i can not wait. Also, if you like watching strategy TB check out splattercat.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As much as I'm eager to see a little more of what the game has to offer, I literally have to wait a day and I'll be able to go in clean.

I did play around a little more since that other thread I made, and it was enough to reinvigorate my excitement.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I played around 8 hours of the Early Access version and very deliberately held off from playing anymore. I'm okay waiting a little bit longer for the final version.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By extintor

For what it's worth, the early review scores look pretty decent. This could end up being my GOTY

I'm glad I'll be getting into this game fresh (without having played the beta) this weekend, especially after what has seemed like an unbelievably long wait (the original release date was supposed to be nearly a year ago!).

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Marbozir is pretty damn incredible. I've been watching his stuff a lot ever since I stumbled upon the wonderful Civ V series of playthroughs. So I mostly want to second the opinion that he's has one of the really good Let's Play/ early impression/ tutorial youtube channels. Especially when it comes to strategy games, not that he limits himself to that. Very cool to see he has fans on GB as well, he deserves it in my opinion!

Not wanting to "spoil" anything related to Wasteland 2 this close to release on the other hand is, of course, understandable. Having watched the first three parts of the aforementioned Early Access impressions I'm pretty eager to try it myself, I think.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

Welp, guess its time to get a new PC!

Its unfortunate that this game is probably gonna get lost in the shuffle for the staff's GOTY stuff. Patrick seems to have burned out playing Divinity, and with the other big releases dropping soon I doubt the guys will be able to find the time for this. It sounds like its a huge-ass game.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I won't be able to play this immediately but at least I have Fallout 1 and 2.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the several hours I put into the beta a few weeks ago, for sure!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Sigh, I haven't played much, but I'm not really digging it :( At least I only paid 15 for it...

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's finally out and I'm too hyped up. This cannot end well.

Godspeed, duders! Hope it's good.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By pr1mus

Marbozir is pretty damn incredible. I've been watching his stuff a lot ever since I stumbled upon the wonderful Civ V series of playthroughs. So I mostly want to second the opinion that he's has one of the really good Let's Play/ early impression/ tutorial youtube channels. Especially when it comes to strategy games, not that he limits himself to that. Very cool to see he has fans on GB as well, he deserves it in my opinion!

I second this, Marbozir is fantastic. It's impossible to watch any of his videos on Civ and XCOM and not become better as a result. This guy knows his stuff. He basically took me from struggling on King to beating Immortal in Civ 5 in just a couple of games. Fuck Deity though!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Marbozir is alright, I prefer the other CK2/EU4 guys, especially Shenryyr; but Arumba's fine and Kailvin's despicable nature has a certain appeal for humor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.