Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Lvl 60 Rogue, LFG

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MideonNViscera

Got an e-mail from Blizzard inquiring about my WoW account. That's funny, I haven't played WoW since early 2006. At that time I let a friend "borrow" my account to play on a different server when I wasn't playing. We fell out, I stopped playing, he stole the account, no surprises there. It was half surprising because I never actually found out until years later, but whatever. I just assumed he'd sold it by then.

Well, he did apparently, or at least that's Blizzard's concern. I never knew there was a way to get it back until they came to me with it. Now I'm waiting to hear if I actually have to fax them my ID, and after almost 6 years the account should be mine again. I dunno if I'll play again, but it sure will be funny to take it back from some douche who probably paid a lot of money for it. Lord knows what level my rogue is by now haha

Or if he even exists, but if the account's been for sale before then it's probably got something. Anybody have stories of anything similar? Be interesting to know if they'll just nuke the account if I don't prove I'm myself good enough.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MideonNViscera

Got an e-mail from Blizzard inquiring about my WoW account. That's funny, I haven't played WoW since early 2006. At that time I let a friend "borrow" my account to play on a different server when I wasn't playing. We fell out, I stopped playing, he stole the account, no surprises there. It was half surprising because I never actually found out until years later, but whatever. I just assumed he'd sold it by then.

Well, he did apparently, or at least that's Blizzard's concern. I never knew there was a way to get it back until they came to me with it. Now I'm waiting to hear if I actually have to fax them my ID, and after almost 6 years the account should be mine again. I dunno if I'll play again, but it sure will be funny to take it back from some douche who probably paid a lot of money for it. Lord knows what level my rogue is by now haha

Or if he even exists, but if the account's been for sale before then it's probably got something. Anybody have stories of anything similar? Be interesting to know if they'll just nuke the account if I don't prove I'm myself good enough.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SlasherMan

Are you sure it's actually Blizzard and not some lame phishing attempt? I get plenty of emails from NCSoft "inquiring" about my Aion account. I've never played Aion.

Ditto for my WoW account, which is real BTW, but the emails are always bogus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.