Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Thinking of jumping back in

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bobdaman18

So i played the game for a couple of months back when it first came out but never really got too far (30's).  After seeing the recent videos on the upcomming expansion and hearing the staff talk about how much the game has changed since release I kind of want to go back.  I'm looking for any general advice for someone who hasn't followed the game at all since launch. 

What server should i join?  Is there a giantbomb heavy server?  Any recently launched servers that would give me people to level up with? 

My favorite part of these games were the pvp, this got ruined for me when twinks started comming out.  Teams got stacked pretty hard, i'd be in a pick up group and we'd get rolled by people with rediculous gear that used teamspeak.  Have they figured out a way to match me against people on a similar skill/equipment/organizational level? 

Finally, can i get away with just buying the original game for now and then later getting expansions or do i need them all from the begining?
    onenar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By onenar

cataclysm baby

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Don't do it.

PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PATERSON

Just run... run and keep on running!!!!!!!!

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ch13696
    @Atomasist said:

" Don't do it. "

I'm with you. I don't think it's worth the $15 a month anymore. It hasn't really aged that well.  

@Bobdaman18: If you want to see if you would be interested in the game again then try a private server. It doesn't exactly have everything like the blizzard servers. Such as the armory, syncing achievements onto Giant Bomb, etc. But at least it's something to check out. It wouldn't hurt since you're not paying anything. It's very legal too since you own the game. You're just on someone else's server. It's different support. 

So here's the link to check out. 
    http://forums.bloodcraft.org/index.php
    Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Hosstile17

I just recently went back, too. I am on Cho 'gall. I have a couple lower level guys that I could use to run you through a couple instances and get you some decent gear. PM me if you end up goin back. If anything, I might roll with you on another server.

BlinkinCard41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlinkinCard41

I just started playing it. I really wanted to experience the world as it is before Cataclysm hits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.