Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World War II

Concept »

Lasting from 1939 to 1945, The second World War was a conflict between the Allies and the Axis. It was the most devastating conflict in human history.

I'm in the mood to revisit WW2 entertainment. Recommendations?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

So I moved to my university dorm room two weeks ago and for some reason I'm craving some good old World War 2 entertainment. I barely have time to watch or play anything, but I really wanna invest in the WW2 atmosphere and immerse myself in it as much as I can. It's been a long time, and IMO the WW2 feel will never die.

I've been watching Band of Brothers and I just love it. I'm thinking of digging up my Medal of Honor: Airborne disc. The first level of Warfighter on the beach was also very reminiscent of the first MOH which increased my desire to play/watch WW2 stuff.

Please recommend every piece of WW2 entertainment (Books, movies, shows, games, even music) that has the depth and feel and atmosphere of that outstanding and revolutionary war.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Well I gotta say that's the first time I've heard what is basically the worst war we've ever waged called "outstanding and revolutionary", so bravo.

Anyway COD2 is the only WWII game that probably still plays well. I never liked World at War, and the MoH games are too old.

And if you've seen Band of Brothers, just watch The Pacific, it's like the spiritual sequel.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By butano

Can't go wrong with the Brothers in Arms series, as well as Company of Heroes. MoH: Allied Assault was pretty great back in the day, but I have no idea how well it holds up.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

The first 2 brothers in arms games are awesome. I haven't played them in ages but road to hill 30 and earned in blood were amazing back in the day. Stay away from Hells Highway though that game was pure garbage compared to the first 2.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Vextroid

COD 1 and 2 and Medal of Honour Allied Assault.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jrinswand

Red Orchestra 2.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Levius

I would say the book Stalingrad by Anthony Beevor or any of his other books on WWII, if you want the realest shit.

IL2-Sturmovik games are also well received.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.