Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 sign in and Connection really slow for me. What should I do?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, so today I boot up my 360 and it did its auto sign in for my main profile. But for some reason everytime I do this now its alot slower then it was before today. I get that Xbox console looking load thing with the circles that indicates its loading and it does that for quite a while then log in. Also, when trying to connect to live, that loading is really slow to. Is this a "my 360 is almsot dead" kinda thing, or do I need to clear the cache or something? I just cleared the cache not to long ago and it messed up some of my saves I think. Most of the dashboard loading is really slow now. What should I do?
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ravensword

bump.
    Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3  Edited By Lev

I'm not sure but I have noticed that my Xbox 360 also takes a lot longer to connect to Xbox Live now... It sits there like it won't make it for a minute sometimes but eventually does. People on my friends list pop on and off a lot more frequently too which makes me think I'm experiencing some connection issues now. >_<

Don't know what's up, especially seeing as it does this for me on my Xbox at work and at home (both with the same account though, but different internet service providers).

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By lowestformofwit

Are you connecting wirelessly?

Try connecting with an Ethernet cable if you can and see if it takes the same amount of time.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zegolf
    @Raven_Sword: If you're on twitter, @XBoxSupport is really helpful and really quick to respond.  They might be able to help you out.
    WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By WJist
    @Raven_Sword:  I've noticed it takes longer to sign in one profile with multiple profiles on the same console and especially when stuff is connected via the usb ports.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Maybe it's just something wrong with the internet lines or something. It's very possible that it's not related to the Xbox at all. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.