Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

An open letter to Microsoft

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

Edited By buft

Well done to the guys over at Xbox Headquarters on your most recent update to the Xbox Gamertag system, thank you for removing all that useless information such as Zone , which many of us use to identify other like minded gamers. 

Thank you also for keeping the rep in place as like all other users I pride myself in having 5 stars and can now feel safe in the knowledge that at least one person, somewhere has told you that I’m a great person. 

I’m also particularly enjoying the new colour scheme, I love how it blends in seamlessly with the rest of the service you have built for me, everyone knows grey and black are the perfect compliment to green white and purple. 

Thank you for removing that hideous Tenure from the end of my name,  do people really need to know how long I’ve been a member? Probably not but I was glad you where able to make use of that now empty space by filling it with a measure of your own E-peen.

Major Nelsons E-peen is a thing to behold!    
     I would also like to say thank you for inviting me to your rewards program, I am thoroughly enjoying my time spent on that site even though I’m not eligible to earn very many points ,as your customer service team pointed out, as an early adapter to your services I already got my reward, having more time to play with the features.

Speaking of features thank you for adding all the wonderful features to my Xbox such as Twitter, Facebook, Last.FM, Sky player and Zune Marketplace, there is nothing worse than having to use these free services on my PC with their slick interfaces and full functionality, having access to them for just £5.95 a month on my Xbox is much handier and better value, thank god you didn’t try to lumber me with services I might never use like ESPN or Hulu, you always know whats best for us UK users.

Keep up the good work and remember that DLC I got a month earlier than other consoles is much better than Exclusive games.

Yours sincerely 
    Buft    
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By buft

Well done to the guys over at Xbox Headquarters on your most recent update to the Xbox Gamertag system, thank you for removing all that useless information such as Zone , which many of us use to identify other like minded gamers. 

Thank you also for keeping the rep in place as like all other users I pride myself in having 5 stars and can now feel safe in the knowledge that at least one person, somewhere has told you that I’m a great person. 

I’m also particularly enjoying the new colour scheme, I love how it blends in seamlessly with the rest of the service you have built for me, everyone knows grey and black are the perfect compliment to green white and purple. 

Thank you for removing that hideous Tenure from the end of my name,  do people really need to know how long I’ve been a member? Probably not but I was glad you where able to make use of that now empty space by filling it with a measure of your own E-peen.

I would also like to say thank you for inviting me to your rewards program, I am thoroughly enjoying my time spent on that site even though I’m not eligible to earn very many points ,as your customer service team pointed out, as an early adapter to your services I already got my reward, having more time to play with the features.

Speaking of features thank you for adding all the wonderful features to my Xbox such as Twitter, Facebook, Last.FM, Sky player and Zune Marketplace, there is nothing worse than having to use these free services on my PC with their slick interfaces and full functionality, having access to them for just £5.95 a month on my Xbox is much handier and better value, thank god you didn’t try to lumber me with services I might never use like ESPN or Hulu, you always know whats best for us UK users.

Keep up the good work and remember that DLC I got a month earlier than other consoles is much better than Exclusive games.

Yours sincerely 
    Buft    
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Exclusives = terrible idea.

most of the other stuff is matter of opinion.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

Thankyou Microsft.... you complete me.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buft
    @nintendoeats: yeh thats why its a blog post and not a wikipedia entry
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

I thought this was sarcasm half the way through..

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Did anyonr even usr the zones? These changes seem insignificant.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Azteck said:

" I thought this was sarcasm half the way through.. "

...if that isn't sarcasm then I must be autistic. I know it's the internet, and it can be hard to detect sometimes, but I'm fairly sure that was explicitly sarcasm. 

Edit: It also sums up a lot of the problems I had with my 360. I hated the menus and gamer tags/avatars, services and so on. 

That's not to say XMB is a lot better. In the last few weeks I've started nitpicking certain parts of it's functionality/lack of services, and it pisses me off a bit.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

A few things. 
    1. Those limitations for the country use of hulu and stuff is NOT Microsoft's fault. You can't use it on anything there.  

2. Saying that you actually cared about someone's "zone" is a total joke. It's like labeling someone in the simplest sense. If you want to get to know someone's taste in games, GO TO COMPARE ACHIEVEMENTS. Not their "zone".  

3. The fact that you're venting about the color scheme of the Xbox brand just goes to show how much of a joke this thread is :\  

4. It takes more than one person to affect your Stars. I've tried doing it before to my friends but they don't move. You need a few. 

5. You're saying that adding icons that show your affiliations is adding to your e-peen, yet you say nothing about Gamerscore. Brilliant.

In all reality I don't know if this is just bad sarcasm, or stupidity.

@XII_Sniper said:

" Did anyonr even usr the zones? These changes seem insignificant. "

You can't "use" the zones. They're just there for a bit more personalization, that's it. 
    Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Eidderf

It's not Microsoft's fault you can't use Hulu on your xbox, it's not available on any platform in the UK (which I'll assume you are part of since you mentioned sky player) because the rights to the shows are held by different people over here. Considering sky makes you pay for all of it's services I don't know why you would expect it to be free on the xbox, again that wouldn't be Microsoft's fault either because they don't have any control over what Sky wants to charge you for stuff.

The rest of your points are valid (though personally I couldn't care less about what my gamercard looks like)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman

Your post annoys me. 

That said though, I personally couldn't care much less about these changes. I in fact love the ESPN app as well as the Zune app. Stop complaining! :P

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @Azteck said:
    " I thought this was sarcasm half the way through.. "
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buft
    @Eidderf said:
    " It's not Microsoft's fault you can't use Hulu on your xbox, it's not available on any platform in the UK (which I'll assume you are part of since you mentioned sky player) because the rights to the shows are held by different people over here. Considering sky makes you pay for all of it's services I don't know why you would expect it to be free on the xbox, again that wouldn't be Microsoft's fault either because they don't have any control over what Sky wants to charge you for stuff.  The rest of your points are valid (though personally I couldn't care less about what my gamercard looks like) "
    I have Sky player on my PC, because i have a subscription for satellite tv it doesnt cost me extra to use but should my xbox gold membership expire it is no longer available on my xbox. thats my complaint, not that sky charges but that microsoft consider it to be a value added service.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buft
    @xyzygy said: 

5. You're saying that adding icons that show your affiliations is adding to your e-peen, yet you say nothing about Gamerscore. Brilliant.
    "
     My complaint with the icons is that they cannot be used except by Microsoft employees 

.@JJWeatherman said:
    " Your post annoys me.  That said though, I personally couldn't care much less about these changes. I in fact love the ESPN app as well as the Zune app. Stop complaining! :P "
    i dont get ESPN and the Zube service is incredibly limited in the UK, hence my complaint.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @buft said: 
    .@JJWeatherman said:
    " Your post annoys me.  That said though, I personally couldn't care much less about these changes. I in fact love the ESPN app as well as the Zune app. Stop complaining! :P "
    i dont get ESPN and the Zube service is incredibly limited in the UK, hence my complaint. "
    You're complaining about having more options.
    Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Piranesi

Sorry but Xbox Live is a fantastic service. It's not perfect, there's a lot of stuff that isn't my cup of tea (and I appreciate that some people still have a chip on their shoulder about paying a fee for it) but there are far more important things to get worked up about. I switch it on and it works to a consistently high standard - the rest is incidental.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ch13696

I you think the OP is being sarcastic the whole time through, it becomes a much better open letter.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SomeJerk

"Keep up the good work and remember that DLC I got a month earlier than other consoles is much better than Exclusive games."

Of course it's sarcastic.. ¨<

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buft
    @Piranesi said:
    "  Sorry but Xbox Live is a fantastic service. It's not perfect, there's a lot of stuff that isn't my cup of tea (and I appreciate that some people still have a chip on their shoulder about paying a fee for it) but there are far more important things to get worked up about. I switch it on and it works to a consistently high standard - the rest is incidental. "
    I dont care about paying, its a small amount of money for a great service, im unhappy with the push away from games to other services and the way microsoft Justifies the price increase.
    ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ptc
    @JJWeatherman said:
    I second the motion!
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By craigbo180

I am a fan of this thread.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green

nice post man. i didn't really know if this was sarcasm or not but lol. it's not microsoft's fault that you don't get hulu or ESPN. i don't even want to use those services. i have a computer for those things, that are free on.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Enigma777

Hold up, you're complaining that they removed Zones?  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.