Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Anyone able to delete a credit card since the new update?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So the new Xbox Live Dashboard update comes with a wide range of new account-level functionality, one of which is the ability to edit, or delete your credit card information. The first night, it could not access my information when I clicked on "delete a card". It would just pop up an error message with a code, (which I assume is a generic "can't access information" message). I assumed it was the servers being overloaded since the new update had just rolled out, but what I felt was strange was I could edit that information with no problems. 

The next night(s), it allowed me to select the card I want to delete, but it continues to pop open the same error message with the same code. My question is: has anybody been able to delete a credit card from the system? I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but I am getting a weird feeling that Microsoft just put that selection up there to appease some people, but not actually making it function, if it's any indication of how Microsoft likes to hide and make it very difficult to access and/or change even the most basic account functionality. 

So, am I alone here, or are other people having similar issues?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Canteu

You've always been able to remove cards, but you have to do it on the website. Dunno if you can do it on the box yet.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm
    @Canteu said:

You've always been able to remove cards, but you have to do it on the website. Dunno if you can do it on the box yet.

Thank you for reading my OP where I specifically detail the ability to delete cards on the new Xbox live dashboard update.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canteu

Where? I see no specifics. You just say you can then complain you can't.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Buscemi

Yes, hate to be a  conspiracy theorist. Don't get that funny feeling, just remove it via the website. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.