Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Best 360 headset

ChanimalPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ChanimalPlanet

What is the best Video Gaming Headset to be used with the XBOX 360??? I am talking sound and chat ability.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

The original one that is no longer manufactured.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ProjektGill

All the "Pro" gamers like the Astros or the Triton but both are pretty overpriced. People seem to really like the ones made by Turtle Beach. But for the occasional games and just chatting with friends, the standard headset is more that enough.

DJbruce92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By DJbruce92

I use a TurtleBeach Earforce X1 that I got on sale. Much better than the original 360 headset.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy
    @ajamafalous said:
    " The original one that is no longer manufactured. "
    this. I had mine a little over half a year ago, but it broke.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Redbullet685 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    this. I had mine a little over half a year ago, but it broke. "
    Mine just broke last week. I loved that fucker.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
    @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " @Redbullet685 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    Mine just broke last week. I loved that fucker. "
    I actually tried to buy a new one to replace my original last year because it started making crazy feedback noise, which is when I learned that they were no longer being made. Disappointing, to say the least.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " @Redbullet685 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    Mine just broke last week. I loved that fucker. "
    I actually tried to buy a new one to replace my original last year because it started making crazy feedback noise, which is when I learned that they were no longer being made. Disappointing, to say the least. "
    Benefits to the new one is that it's instrument compatible. Having a switch dangling is just odd though with the new one.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Djeffers03

Astro a30. Fantastic sound and really clear voice chat. Best headset around if you are willing to pay the money.

ChanimalPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ChanimalPlanet

Thanks for the help...
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By REDRUN

Out of all the headsets I own, I frequently use the Turtle Beach Ear Force x11. The price will not set you back, the comfort and sound is better than the original set I own as well.

StumpyLoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By StumpyLoL

I was using the original xbox ones for a while until the wire became lose inside so had to hold it in to head. Bought the replacemetns for cheap but thinking of getting some turtle beach ones soon

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
    ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use the normal wireless 360 headset when I use one, but I find that even online it's hardly of use unless I'm playing with friends.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman

Does anyone have any input about the official Microsoft Wireless headset? Just curious to get people opinions on it. Comparing it to these higher end headsets isn't fair, but is it worth the money?

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cjmabry

I'm using a Tritton ax180. Got it for $30 on eBay, totally worth it in my eyes (or ears?). It does it's job, games sound pretty good through them and I can chat it up - I love being able to game in silence, too.

But if, honestly, your talking about the best, then the Astros, Tritton ax720 Pro's, or the Turtle beach X4's. 

And if you just wanna talk, it really doesn't matter imo. Just settle with the Microsoft one.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DystopiaX
    @ProjektGill said:
    " All the "Pro" gamers like the Astros or the Triton but both are pretty overpriced. People seem to really like the ones made by Turtle Beach. But for the occasional games and just chatting with friends, the standard headset is more that enough. "
    I have Trittons and have heard Astros. If all you want to do is talk they ARE overpriced, but they also let you hear the game audio and they sound AMAZING. 

Since the OP only wants to talk though, I'd just go with a generic 360 headset. It's cheaper and gets the job done.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By xMP44x
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Does anyone have any input about the official Microsoft Wireless headset? Just curious to get people opinions on it. Comparing it to these higher end headsets isn't fair, but is it worth the money? "
    I have one. And I don't have a Turtle Beach, so it makes it difficult to compare the two headsets. Microsoft's Wireless is good, but if you can afford a few dollars more, I recommend you get one of the high end headsets. The Wireless Headset isn't bad but it doesn't really compare with the better ones. It has good playback for the voices of other people, but I find you have to talk quite loudly for friends to hear you. Not only this, if you have your volume up loud on the headset it will echo. It's lasted much longer than any Wired Headset I've owned though, and it feels better made. Unfortunately, a few design problems slightly damage the overall experience with this headset. Actually, come to think of it: the battery life isn't bad, but it takes an age to recharge. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @xMP44x said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " Does anyone have any input about the official Microsoft Wireless headset? Just curious to get people opinions on it. Comparing it to these higher end headsets isn't fair, but is it worth the money? "
    I have one. And I don't have a Turtle Beach, so it makes it difficult to compare the two headsets. Microsoft's Wireless is good, but if you can afford a few dollars more, I recommend you get one of the high end headsets. The Wireless Headset isn't bad but it doesn't really compare with the better ones. It has good playback for the voices of other people, but I find you have to talk quite loudly for friends to hear you. Not only this, if you have your volume up loud on the headset it will echo. It's lasted much longer than any Wired Headset I've owned though, and it feels better made. Unfortunately, a few design problems slightly damage the overall experience with this headset. Actually, come to think of it: the battery life isn't bad, but it takes an age to recharge.  "
    I've been wondering exactly how they recharge. Doesn't seem like a play and charge kit would fit. Does it come with it's own charger?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

Definatley not the one that comes with the console... 
    Fuckin piece of wank broke on me the second time I tryed to use it.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " Astro a30. Fantastic sound and really clear voice chat. Best headset around if you are willing to pay the money. "
    Not true. While they're better than cheaper competition they're easily beaten out by Sennheiser PC350s and a mixamp, or Grados, or even Trittons. Hell, if you connect a Turtle Beach HPX to a mixamp (and not necessarily Astro's, any will do) it will sound better.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Djeffers03
    @DystopiaX: ssssshhhhh! Don't ruin my astro owning bubble!
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xMP44x
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @xMP44x said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    I have one. And I don't have a Turtle Beach, so it makes it difficult to compare the two headsets. Microsoft's Wireless is good, but if you can afford a few dollars more, I recommend you get one of the high end headsets. The Wireless Headset isn't bad but it doesn't really compare with the better ones. It has good playback for the voices of other people, but I find you have to talk quite loudly for friends to hear you. Not only this, if you have your volume up loud on the headset it will echo. It's lasted much longer than any Wired Headset I've owned though, and it feels better made. Unfortunately, a few design problems slightly damage the overall experience with this headset. Actually, come to think of it: the battery life isn't bad, but it takes an age to recharge.  "
    I've been wondering exactly how they recharge. Doesn't seem like a play and charge kit would fit. Does it come with it's own charger? "
    They come with their own little charger. It's the same look as the Play and Charge kit's, but it has a different connector at one end. There's a slot on the top of the headset it plugs into, and then you plug the USB into a USB port. From my experience it works with almost any port: I've used it with a PS2, my laptop, and of course my 360's USB slots.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Djeffers03: The only people I've met who've tried other headsets and still insist Astros are the best are MLG fanboys. I'd honestly give any of the ones i'd mentioned a try if you think Astros are that good.
    SCHULTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SCHULTZ

Tritton AXPro 2010 
    True 5.1 surround sound, 8 speakers in each ear including a subwoofer, inline individual volume controls for front/center/rear/sub and chat volume/mute.  

Only drawback is it's wired, which is a concern to some people.  On the positive side, the batteries will never need recharging.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Jambones

I don't mind a wired headset, but I want to keep my Sennheisers on; can I get a cheap cell phone earbud headset that'll plug into the controller and fit snugly under the cups?

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Burns098356GX

I just use the official 360 wireless one, the audio is clear, and be pretty loud and that thing is durable as hell. I can't tell you how many times ive tossed that thing on the ground or at the wall.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

360 wireless its awesome comfy and has a good battery length.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By RichardLOlson
    @DJbruce92 said:
    " I use a TurtleBeach Earforce X1 that I got on sale. Much better than the original 360 headset. "
    I had seen an ad for that online today and I was curious about that.  I might have to check it out.
    Turtlesauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Turtlesauce

I've only used the official wired headset, but I'm on #3.

Looking to get either the Ear Force X31s or Astro A30s.

IVIGAM3RIVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By IVIGAM3RIVI

I use the Astro A40's and i really couldn't be any happier, i used to have the turtle beaches and they were pretty nice but my astros pretty much blow them out of the water....but i still think the TB's are a good buy because there nice and cheap not everyone wants to spend a ton on a headset

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By darkvare

to be 100% honesti still use the one from my original xbox it has 2 issues though 1 no mute button and 2 no volume control but i still love it

Slimstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Slimstar
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @Djeffers03 said:
    " Astro a30. Fantastic sound and really clear voice chat. Best headset around if you are willing to pay the money. "
    Not true. While they're better than cheaper competition they're easily beaten out by Sennheiser PC350s and a mixamp, or Grados, or even Trittons. Hell, if you connect a Turtle Beach HPX to a mixamp (and not necessarily Astro's, any will do) it will sound better. "

I'm still undecided on Astro aswell, i bought a pair of Astro A30's (after my SONY MDR-V700DJ finally succumbed to wear and tear after a good 6-7 years). The sound quality is not as thick(beefy) as im used to but the surround quality and lightweight style makes me sometimes panic that my headphones aren't plugged in and my TV might be waking the neighbours. To do a comparison with my old Sony's, i think the Sound is better in the Sony's for Music and listening to things loudly but they are heavy and even though i have really broad shoulders and a strong neck i usually can't last more than 3-5 hours without getting a neck cramp which is bad for gaming. The A30's on the other hand are like having a home theatre surround system inside my brain (since they are so lightweight after years of use with the Sony DJ headphones). The price of the A30's + Mixamp was $350 (which included postage to Australia), the Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones cost $349 (i payed close to $500aus when i first bought them new). As i am typing now though i have contacted astro about: there seems to be an issue with the Mixamp and microhpone getting distorted (works fine connecting the headset directly) with the one i bought.

so yea i am still undecided if Astro (A30's) are the best headphone i have had, i am certain  though that i am doing my brain some sort of damage simply because i haven't experienced the sort of sound quality the Astro + MixAmp have with any other headset.

P.S if anyone is planning on buying an Astro audio system i'd recommend investing in the extra (optional) TOS-link optical cable. (XBOX360 in particular).
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By EpicSteve

Just throwing it out there, the wireless Microsoft headset sucks. Well, I hear mixed stories. But my experience with it was terrible. Just saying if you were in the market for a new headset. I just use the standard.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Slimstar: like I said, while Astros are not bad by any means, the only thing they really make exceptionally well is the mixamp. Pair that with the headsets I listed earlier for better performance, both for gaming and music.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alexander

The wireless headset is a pain, to mute you have to tap the power button, which takes longer than doing it with a regular, old 360 mic. It's comfy, but more trouble than it's worth for me.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DoctorTran

I love my Turtle Beach X41.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.