Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Best deal on 360?

Sherlock_Pwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sherlock_Pwnz

Hey,

My xbox died a few months ago and is waaay out of warranty so I want a new one. Does anyone know the best place I can buy just an xbox system? I've already got a hard drive, controllers and all that shit.
    Everywhere seems to want to pile sega superstar tennis in with new ones, and that's a game I really could do without. 

Ta.
    (I'm in the UK by the way.)

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By themartyr

As someone who has had a 360 since week 2 of release, I have been doing my fair share of UK-based research on this topic, as I'm basically waiting (im)patiently for my console to pack in soon. 

If you're cool with ordering online, Play.com has this to offer: 

Standard replacement Premium - £44.99  Xbox 360 Premium Console with 20GB HDD 

That's not bad if you're not too interested in going swish. 

For the elite, it's £219.99, which is considerably more. Most of the bundle packs i saw were out-of-stock.

The other thing to consider is that is you go into places like GAME, (and having worked there in the past), if you tell them you want to buy one of their Xbox + (game) bundle packs, you can usually strike up a deal with them to change the game for something of equal/lesser value. Or at the very least, if they're being shitty, just trade it in immediately. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By demontium

I dont recommend a bundle.

I do recommend at least 80 GB though whatever you end up getting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.