Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Broken Xbox 360 Issues

NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By NarcolepticBat

Hey guys, I've had my xbox 360 for almost 5 years now and my mom smashed it on me 4 years ago. I rebuilt it after she smashed it, [had to fix the disc drive and fans] and I've fixed every problem I've had in the past just by figuring it out but this time I'm stuck. About 4 months ago I could only play it for a few hours before it would overheat and make a funny noise then the screen would freeze. I got the fans running correctly and it was fine till about 2 months ago when it started to not even turn on correctly. Nowadays when i turn it on just the fans spin, theres no risidual noise that would accompany the opening whoosh noise from the startup screen. In fact the video doesnt even appear now, it just sits there with the fans spinning. Is it dead? This is one of the original shipment models, so it has all the original parts that accompanied the release.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Th3_James

Smashed it?????? how the fuck did you fix it, Wouldn't the motherboard be broken if she smashed it...... It's your GPU, take out mobo, re apply new thermal paste, use new screws and washers instead of the x-clamps, and 12V mod the fan.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Th3_James

Also, Xenon 360's are shit, and will eventually break down. If you just use new thermal paste on the cpu and gpu with new washers and screws to hold the heat sink in place. Also 12V fan mod will significantly reduce temps. Place console horizontal and in a well ventilated area, thats all that i can suggest  

NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By NarcolepticBat
    @Th3_James said:
    " Smashed it?????? how the fuck did you fix it, Wouldn't the motherboard be broken if she smashed it...... It's your GPU, take out mobo, re apply new thermal paste, use new screws and washers instead of the x-clamps, and 12V mod the fan. "
    Yeah man, she's fucking bananas. the motherboard didn't smash though. Mostly everything was still intact. Thanks for the advice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.