Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Connection problem w/ xbox live.

psywarneon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By psywarneon

Before I talk about my issue, I have to state how I connect to xbox live (as it is my primary guess of why my xbox is running so oddly)
         - I get my xbox live connection by plugging in a double sided ethernet cable from my laptop to to my xbox. This makes so my xbox gets its internet connection through the laptop's wireless connection instead of me having to buy a wifi adapter. It has worked very well for a very long time and might still be running fine but i am not sure.

my problem is that when i turn on my xbox it connects to live but without the any of the market place rows availabe. the error screen my console gives me is:

"Some Xbox LIVE content is temporarily unavailable. You can still acces your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online. 

the content will appear when its availabe. 

Status code: 80072741"

I  am still technically online. I can see "my friends" and "my xbox" but nothing more. while my means of connection (double sided ethernet cable) is my first guess of why things are going wrong I am by no means positive. the cable worked like a charm for a very long time and it is only the past few weeks/ months that i cant reach a full connection. It is possible that the problem might have started after the big update in November but once again (sorry folks) i am not too sure. (i don't really pay much attention to the online features anyway so i didn't really think much of it when i saw these error codes.) it is only because of the upcoming Mass Effect 2 dlc that i have fully noticed and tried to fix this problem. I really really want to play that dlc

If anybody thinks they know the reason why i cant fully connect or how to fix it please tell me. 

I appreciate any help.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster
    PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PaulKemp

Also, check firewall settings. Discovered that the other day myself. The pcs firewall was stopping my poor xbox going live. I disabled the whole thing while it should do it to open the xbox live ports, refer to google.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Jackel2072

its doing that for me too. so i think XBL is maybe acting a bit funny...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.