Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Headset recommendations

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm looking to buy a headset and mic combo and after recently being burned buying the onza tournament edition after reading online reviews I thought I'd ask for some other opinions from people who've used the ones I'm looking at. I've got me eye on the Astro, Turtle Beach and Tritons but is there some alternative I'm missing or anything I should know before I put my money down. I'm not fussed about wireless or surround sound.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In my experience, you really can't go wrong with a Turtle Beach headset. I have had my EarForce X31's for over 2 years now and they are still going strong. The plastic above the earphones has started to crack, but that is to be expected with the use they get(1000's of hours of gaming + not being very gentle with them).

I am also looking for a new headset so please update your post with the one you decide on so I can check it out also!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can I ask why you're not concerned about surround sound? If you plan on playing consistently with headphones and are planning to spend on Astros for example it would be a shame not to configure them to receive surround sound channels.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

I cant recommend the Astro A50's enough. Yes,they are expensive but if you look at them like i do, a 3 year investment, that breaks down to $100 a year. The sound quality, comfort and wireless is unmatched but the cheap plastic on the headset and stand are huge disappointments. Also once the battery dies you have to return to Astro to replace. In the past i owned Trittons and its not even close. Best headset available that you can also use on ALL systems(PC, PS3, Xbox 360).

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DaMisterChief

Astros are good

cheishxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had Turtle Beach, Tritton, and they were ok. A while back I bought a pair of Astro A40's and they are hands down the best I've ever used (they're not wireless so I don't have to worry about battery life) it's also the headset that several people in the industry use - Arthur Gies at polygon, Patrick, Anthony Gallegos at IGN etc. for whatever that's worth to you.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go for the Turtle Beach PX5, 7.1, bluetooth, wireless, 360\PS3 compatible plus anything with a digital out audio, alot of places have cut the price significantly, have used for 2 years now with no problems.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a pair of PX21s for a few years now and they've been pretty good. I lost the Xbox plugin a long time ago though. I had originally bought them for my PS3 but now use them for my PC. I think they're pretty good for the price.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By OldGuy

I have the Turtle Beach X12s... they are... fine -- I only use them about 25% of the time and I'm don't use them for music or anything I really care highly about the precision of the sound... what mattered more was that they were decent and cheap...

That said, they're weird in that the cans are reversed (IOW left is right and right is left)... now I had enough connectors in my box 'o stuff to fix that, but...

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By big_jon

Just got Astro A40's they are great, get those.

The Turtle Beach headset I heard sounded terrible.

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an old pair of Tritton Pros that I still use daily and love. If you want to save a bit of money, track a pair of those down. If money isn't an issue, I'd go with the Astro A40/50s. They appear to be the top of the line right now.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By DoctorTran

I'm not sure how much you're willing to spend but the Turtle Beach X500s are amazing. If you're not interested in the program-ability then I'd say go for the X400s.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlatantNinja23

The only gaming specific headsets I can recommend are Astros. I think Turtle Beach and the other headset friends all sound pretty terrible. Personally I'd say pick up a Astro Mixamp and go with whatever headphone mic combination you want to go with so you get actual better quality sound wise, but if want a full package than Astros it is. 50's being the best option now that the wireless is actually built in.

I prefer my Sennhessier PC360s which I use with the wireless mixamp Astro used to sell. However they are open, so that's an issue if you need privacy, also they are a little lacking if what you want sound wise is some UMPH.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.