Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

I have turned to the Dark side!

ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By ip007

I have succumbed to the nasty side of the consoles when I finally realized that I will never get that $500 dollar graphics card for my awesome quad-core PC.

Yes we can, as Obama chanted! My friends have made an effort to lure me to the console side and they didn't stop at that - no they tricked me into buying one of them Xbox 360's! Another product in my house which has the name Microsoft on it's back (or front which makes more sense). It's the 120 GB Elite model that is now hooked up to my sweet Full-HD TV. I have to note that this is the first console I have ever owned - that doesn't mean it's the first I've played on. Although you are getting this news right now the purchase was made right before the launch of the New Xbox Experience.

Couple of notes then on the NXE, well it's now more like the Media Center in Vista of Windows 7 which I like quite a bit and Microsoft is trying hard to make it functional but still wrap it up in eye-candy which right now doesn't hurt me. I have heard complaints about the Guide being a bit sluggish at times but that hasn't affected me as much so I cannot say for sure if this is an issue for me personally. The Avatar thing is totally OK! I don't get the people nagging on this addition. Overall I like this update very much and it has done it's mission well and that is to make a rather old console or I should say interface feel fresh, new and exciting!

There are a lot of things to mention when it comes to the features but at the end of the day it's the games that are the heart and soul of any console. My collection consists of three AAA-titles: Halo 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Gears of War 2. In the early days I played a hell of a lot of Halo 3 but lately I have only been playing Call of Duty 4 online and leveling up to the 55th level which in fact is the Commander rank and the last rank at that. Yesterday I finally finished the game on Veteran difficulty which was really challenging and now that I'm done with the campaign I feel really good!

Consoles maybe are the best medium for games.

Who knew?!
    ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ip007

I have succumbed to the nasty side of the consoles when I finally realized that I will never get that $500 dollar graphics card for my awesome quad-core PC.

Yes we can, as Obama chanted! My friends have made an effort to lure me to the console side and they didn't stop at that - no they tricked me into buying one of them Xbox 360's! Another product in my house which has the name Microsoft on it's back (or front which makes more sense). It's the 120 GB Elite model that is now hooked up to my sweet Full-HD TV. I have to note that this is the first console I have ever owned - that doesn't mean it's the first I've played on. Although you are getting this news right now the purchase was made right before the launch of the New Xbox Experience.

Couple of notes then on the NXE, well it's now more like the Media Center in Vista of Windows 7 which I like quite a bit and Microsoft is trying hard to make it functional but still wrap it up in eye-candy which right now doesn't hurt me. I have heard complaints about the Guide being a bit sluggish at times but that hasn't affected me as much so I cannot say for sure if this is an issue for me personally. The Avatar thing is totally OK! I don't get the people nagging on this addition. Overall I like this update very much and it has done it's mission well and that is to make a rather old console or I should say interface feel fresh, new and exciting!

There are a lot of things to mention when it comes to the features but at the end of the day it's the games that are the heart and soul of any console. My collection consists of three AAA-titles: Halo 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Gears of War 2. In the early days I played a hell of a lot of Halo 3 but lately I have only been playing Call of Duty 4 online and leveling up to the 55th level which in fact is the Commander rank and the last rank at that. Yesterday I finally finished the game on Veteran difficulty which was really challenging and now that I'm done with the campaign I feel really good!

Consoles maybe are the best medium for games.

Who knew?!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Best for you, you mean :)
    Glad you're having fun, don't shun others who do so in different ways with such statements though.

How much was that elite model? You could probably buy a card of that value and play such games better. Maybe a GTX 285? You don't need the absolute greatest that is out to be able to play the latest and/or future games. Shame that quad core will go largely unused now.

You should sell it to a gamer so that it fulfills its purpose and a kitty dies. Or an angel gets its wings. Or something like that.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lunarbunny

Well, I don't blame you for getting a console instead... I would say that building and maintaining a PC does require a bit of involvement.

Even then, I didn't pay $500 for two[!] 4850s. $320 for both, and even a single one is a very decent card. The only people who need 4870X2s and GTX295s are those with a lot of money to burn or who think that they need the most expensive GPUs available.

I will admit that I could have had 2 PS3s for the money I spent on my last upgrade ($750)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

Consoles are so awesome. everything is done with such ease (apart from pirating..... lol)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Pirating is just as easy on consoles too, just ask your local non-franchised stores, they'll get you hooked up :)

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Congrats man, consoles are where it's at now for games. 

ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ip007

Well I don't think that pirating is the most attractive side of the PC so I didn't switch sides because of that. To get a $500 dollar GPU means that my "green" PC needs a new power supply which only adds more cost and then to figure out what to get and so on..

But yeah - it's a shame that all this quad-core processing power isn't being used for something like gaming.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Pirating is just as easy on consoles too, just ask your local non-franchised stores, they'll get you hooked up :)"
    On PC, just google, that'll get you hooked up
    Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bioderm

You can build a whole pc for 500$, you're stupid if you try to always buy the lastest hardware in pc, it seems that console are made for you since you can't seem to know how to buy pc stuff.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r
    crunchUK said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Pirating is just as easy on consoles too, just ask your local non-franchised stores, they'll get you hooked up :)"
    On PC, just google, that'll get you hooked up"
    If you wanna be this pedantic, he has a PC, you know. Even if it's not one suitable for gaming, googling is enough for console pirating too assuming he has a burner like most people do nowadays. If we assume pirating habits then it's still favorable to buy one of those if he hasn't already, as you can buy great brands for $20 nowadays, 1/3rd of the price of a brand new release.
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Metasin

I love how a thread about a guy enjoying his new console purchase becomes a place to try and defend PC gaming. Oh internets, you're so sensitive.

Glad you are enjoying the new 360 man, as gamers we are lucky  that there is alot of good stuff to play no matter what device we choose to do it on.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

You mean attacking PC gaming too, it sure isn't one sided like you describe. There's an equal amount of people who hate on the PCs for no reason just because he bought a 360, as there is of people defending the PC, so one side isn't being more absurd than the other. Not to mention the OP treaded grounds beyond personal preference and opinion but we can put that down to his excitement so it's somewhat understandable. For the record, I do own a console I'm very passionate about myself, that doesn't mean I'll say it's the best there is vs anything, not just PCs.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By PureRok

Meh. Anyone who attacks PCs are hypocrites. What is a console but a glorified/specialized PC?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Don't get me wrong I love me some PC gaming just in the past few years consoles have become the favored platform for customers and developers.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Metasin

I'm sorry, but I can't find anything in here that I would consider attacking PC gaming.  

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
    Metasin said:
    "I'm sorry, but I can't find anything in here that I would consider attacking PC gaming.  "
    Who said anyone was attacking PC gaming?
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Metasin
    PureRok said:
    "Metasin said:
    "I'm sorry, but I can't find anything in here that I would consider attacking PC gaming.  "
    Who said anyone was attacking PC gaming?"

Al3xand3r said:
    "You mean attacking PC gaming too, it sure isn't one sided like you describe. There's an equal amount of people who hate on the PCs for no reason just because he bought a 360, as there is of people defending the PC, so one side isn't being more absurd than the other. Not to mention the OP treaded grounds beyond personal preference and opinion but we can put that down to his excitement so it's somewhat understandable. For the record, I do own a console I'm very passionate about myself, that doesn't mean I'll say it's the best there is vs anything, not just PCs. "

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

@ PureRok, I did, when he said people who defend them are off topic.

Metasin
    said:

Maybe you can't read then:
    "Consoles maybe are the best medium for games."
    "Congrats man, consoles are where it's at now for games. "

Attacks don't have to involve direct insults you know, they can simply advocate something else as the best there is, the only logical choice, the greatest in the field, etc. That's no different than directly stating PCs are inferior to consoles for gaming and constitutes an attack as much as saying PCs are great for gaming too apparently constiutes a defence to you. Get it? If you read my first comment, I did congratulate him on simply having fun. And no, these things aren't a big deal, which is why I didn't make a big deal out of them until you came here saying people defend PC gaming for no reason, thus making that a big deal yourself (in internet volumes, which means, not a deal at all, hah) when really, only one person was out of line while the rest were as subtle as the anti-pc gaming examples I provided.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Hey fucknut I wasn't attacking PC gaming, I just stated the fact that in recent fucking years PC gaming has been on a decline. Other than the generic MMORPG, great RTS games, and anything with Valve's name on it. Consoles are more feasible for the average joe than a 1337 pc rig with the economy going to shit like it is.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By mracoon

I just got a 360 as well. It's nice not to have to worry if your machine can run the game your buying but I still prefer PC gaming in general.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r

Saying consoles are where it's at is, contrary to your belief, not the same as saying that strictly market wise, pc gaming has been on a decline, not to mention that this doesn't apply to the market as a whole with many, many, many notable exceptions even if you did say that, fucknut :)

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metasin

The fact that the first contains a maybe made me interpret it as a sardonic comment from a pc gamer who has embraced consoles as well. The second I read as a statement of personal preference. I guess we just interpreted what was said differently. Not really sure why this compells you to resort to being borderline insulting towards me. My original comment was directed more towards the poster who decided that the OP's decision to but a console was based on his lack of intelligence about PC's, don't take it so personal man.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

A single poster doesn't turn the whole "place" into something else than it was as you stated. More have to take part in that. You know, like the comment you made, and then I jumped on it, and then someone else responded, and then another. That did change the thread from someone stating his thoughts, to a place about...

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Metasin

I didn't say that one poster was the SOLE motivation for the post. Given my interpretations of what was said the thread consisted of people who were congratulating him on his purchase and people who felt the need to defend PC's from something I didn't see as attacks. Like I said, just a matter of interpretation. Sorry for any distress my comment caused you.

ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ip007

You guys are awesome! May I also add by quoting V: "Your powers of observation continue to serve you well." My post was made in a bit of a hurry which maybe compromised on the quality of the overall blog entry..

Anyway, I love PCs - they are great and I didn't mean to attack or persecute anyone by my statements. Yes I was trying to be a bit "sardonic" when I wrote "Consoles maybe are the best medium for games." To make it sound not as strict I added the maybe into the mix. And finally to give my ending a bit of an edge I squeezed in "Who knew?!"

Next time I will add a smiley to lighten the mood.. ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.