Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Looking back on the original launch......

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SquigHerd

First time poster, so sorry if anything's off or messed up 

1. Do you still play any of the launch games? what was your favorite? 

2. Best launch related memory? Any amusing stories? 

For me, my favorite game of all time is officially Condemned: Criminal Origins. I think that game was the exact mix of detective/creepy I had always wanted in a game but was never offered. I'm still freaked going to department stores.... 

The best memory I have, though, is camping out for 16 hours in 0 degree weather just before xmas in Ann Arbor, MI. I ended up actually playing it the next morning, and 1000 pointed King Kong in 24 hours(still on my gamertag). Even if it was short, it was totally worth the money paid, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DrBeardface

Detective Creepy was my nickname in high school.  
    I have not played any of the launch title in a very long time.  The only one I've thought about revisiting was Call of Duty 2 since I never beat it.
    My favorite 360 launch memory was being told by my parents that they had listened to me several months back and reserved and paid off a 360 for me with a spare controller, Kameo, and Perfect Dark (early christmas present that year).  I got to pick it up on launch morning, set it up, then go to my one class for the day (which sucked).  When I got home I played the hell out of some games, including the Call of Duty 2 I purchased for myself when I saw how awesome it was at a demo kiosk when I picked up the system.

Gotta say the best launch ever was for the Dreamcast.  So much awesome new tech and fun games to play when it came out.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @DrBeardface said:
    " ...Call of Duty 2 I purchased for myself when I saw how awesome it was at a demo kiosk... "
    I did the same, except I didn't have a 360 yet.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bhhawks78

Was driving home from class and waved over the UPS guy so I could get my launch package like 5 min early.

Call of Duty 2 being amazing and oblivion shortly after.

Perfect Dark Zero being absolutely trash and honestly the only time I've ever been genuinely angry at all the INSANE 8/9/10 reviews.

Still playing halo 2 online a ton.

How I thought 20 gigs was an insane amount of storage...lmao.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Never really liked any of the launch games. The first 360 games I latched onto were Oblivion and Rainbow Six: Vegas. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Being a huge fan of Morrowind, I preordered Oblivion and a 360 as soon as I could. It really sucked when Oblivion got delayed, and it sucked even more when I finally got to play it and didn't like it very much. : / 

My favorite launch game was definitely a tie between Call of Duty 2 and Condemned. 

My best memory from the 360 launch is when I went to go pick it up on launch day and the dude at GameStop told me they sold mine to someone else. The one I preordered months in advance and completely paid off. I left the store with a refund and three games I couldn't play. It was another two months before I could get ahold of another 360. Fuck you GameStop. Fuck. You.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By chronicsmoke

Favorite launch games were COD2 and condemned criminal origins,I dont have any interesting launch stories but my favorite has to be the dreamcast launch,so many awesome games to play when it came out

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DoctorOptimist

I play PGR3 from time to time, it was the first game I bought for the 360.

EvanDoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvanDoran

Picked up CoD and King Kong at launch, loved both.  Played king kong again a lil while ago.

Personally I thought the n64 was the best launch ever, mario 64 ftw : )

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I played PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero the longest after launch.  I guess Geometry Wars counts too, and I do still play that one.  I think PGR3 was my fav at the time, graphics better than anything else at the time by a large amount basically blew me away.

Craziest thing?  I thought COD2 freezing up on me was due to buggy coding, not because my 360 would die after 6 months.

Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adexus

First game I played on when I got my 360 was The Outfit and I frickin' loved it, after that I think I played on Full Auto which I also thought was brilliant and then there was Kameo, GRAW, COD 2 and the day after I got my 360 the Saints Row demo was being released in OXM UK on disc and I was so excited because I wanted to play that game for a very long time... Oh I absolutely loved my 360 when I got it, I thought it was magical :P

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Azteck

First 360 game I got was Halo 3. I couldn't afford a 360 before that release, but when that day came I wasn't waiting any longer. Good times. I remember getting up earlier than everyone else just so I could play my new 360 in peace without people disturbing me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PGR 3 was probably my favorite launch title, though I definitely don't play it any longer (especially since PGR 4 is much more enjoyable). Oblivion, though it wasn't a launch title, is probably the earliest game in the 360 library I still play on occasion. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.