Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Must play games on Xbox 360??

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lun49gameon

I'm going to try to keep this kinda short and describe my problem. Lets start from the beginning, for the past 3 years I have been a gaming on PC and enjoying it very much. I have owned some consoles a ps1 that I got back in 2004, a PS2 i got in 2008, and a Wii I got in late 2010. All these consoles, as you can clearly see I have gotten late in the particular console generation. So now that I am an adult ( back in 2004 i was 11 years old) I decided to buy my own systems. I already have a gaming pc that I built but I felt the need for a console. I really wanted a nintendo ds, just so i could play them mario games, pokemon, and ace attorney, but the beauty of the vita changed my mind and I bought a ps vita on ebay for $150 dollars. So I have a portable system and I played a few games but now the vita is locked up in my drawer because for some reason I dont want to play it anymore. I decided to skip this generation in console gaming and buy a PS4. The problem is that the preorders are sold out so i could have bought it on release date or waited a few months but then this whole GTA 5 talk began among my friends before its release. They were all going to buy the game and I primarily play on PC so I was super depressed because it is not available on that platform. My friends also said they were going to get fifa 14 and I was going to get fifa 14 on pc but theres just not that many people playing online for ultimate team. I decided to use my money towards either a ps3 or an xbox 360. It was a really hard decision because the ps3 has many exclusives and xbox has a big online community. It took me several hours but i finally settled on buying an xbox 360 with a copy of gta 5 and fifa 14. I am still going to buy a PS4 for the next console generation, as I am not interested at all in the wii u or the xbox one and I still have my vita somewhere to use with the ps4. So after all this my question is what are the must play games on the xbox 360? I know that halo is on there and forza and gears of war. What other games can be recomended?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

I think a PS3 with PS+ is a much better get at this point especially seeing how you already have a vita and plan on getting a PS4.

I think you've hit the big ones, 360 was pretty lame for exclusives; mostly because the majority of the 360 exclusives come to pc, Fable, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Shadow Complex, if you end up with a kinect, I think one of the Dance Central games is worth experiencing (don't get a kinect just for that though).

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OGinOR

Red Dead Redemption.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monetarydread
    • UFC Undisputed 2012
    • Halo: ODST
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Ace Combat 6
    • Skate 3
    • Condemned 2
    • Earth Defense Force 2017
    • Gears of War 3
    • Kameo
    • Neir
    • Rock band 3
    • Record of Agarest War: Zero
    • Soulcalibur 5
    • SSX
    • Geometry Wars 2

There are plenty of other games to play on the system, I just did not list games you could buy on PC, or Xbox Live Arcade / Indie titles.

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lun49gameon

@oginor: red dead redemption is a good one that i totally forgot about. Also a game that I have on steam is Fable 1 and the second one i believe never came out on PC. I only played about 30 min of fable1 because it looked outdated and the controls were bad.

Avatar image for mrninjasquirrel
    MrNinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with a PS3 and PS+ as well, but since you asked about 360 and/or console exclusives here are some I enjoyed:

• Gears of War (series)
    • Halo (series)
    • Forza 4 if you like sim racers, Horizon if you like arcade
    • Vanquish
    • Any or all of the Rock Band games
    • Eternal Sonata
    • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • ilomilo (I guess there's a PC version, but it's Win8 exclusive so you may or may not be able to get it)
    • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    • Burnout Revenge

Some more I haven't played yet but are pretty well regarded:

• Ninja Gaiden 2
    • Shadow Complex
    • BattleBlock Theater
    • METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
    • SSX
    • Catherine
    • Viva Pinata 2

That's about all I can think of right now, but still that's a lot of good to great to amazing games! And one of the best parts about coming late into the generation is just how cheap most of the games are, so you should be able to grab a bunch of these without breaking the bank. Final comment: unless you can't wait and/or find a great deal before, I'd definitely suggest holding off until black friday. You'll almost certainly be able to get a great deal, not only on a console but probably the two games you mentioned as well, so it would be in your best interest to stick it out a few more weeks. Of course if you're like me that's easier said than done, so whatever you decide I hope you enjoy your new console and games ^_^

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

• Mushihimesama Futari
    • Dodonpachi BL
    • Akai Katana
    • basically SHMUPS

Seriously, I found that the xbox 360 for me has turned into a glorified SHMUP collector. But, they're all really good (at least the one's I've played)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.