Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Netflix + Live = Awesome

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ubergeist

I started using Netflix about a month ago and all I can say really is that it's bad ass. I've seen so many great movies/shows so far. The greatest part about it though is streaming through Live. The dvd rental is good too since not all titles can be streamed but once they update it and provide a "streaming only" subscription it will just get better. I discovered Heroes last week and I'm already addicted. They have 3 seasons of it to stream. I also started watching Weeds again in anticipation of the 5th season coming this summer.

If you don't have this yet I suggest you get it. The cheapest plan is only $8.99 a month and that gives you 1 dvd + unlimited streaming. I canceled my cable television because of it. I was paying $40 a month for basic cable but now I can watch what I want, when I want for $10. Too good to pass up.

JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JDM006

I like netflix streaming as well.  It would be even better if new release movies were available to stream the same day the DVD is released since it seems that Netflix never has new release DVDs in stock.  Streaming movies with xbox is nice, but I have had a few issues with the picture quality of the movies.  Maybe I need to upgrade my internet connection or something, but I would rate the picture quality of the movie as being slightly worse than DVD (like a video you would watch on youtube or something).  This is not the case for every movie I watch.  For example, I recently watched the Wild Bunch and the picture quality looked really good.  So for me it's touch and go.  Even though streaming is nice, I still prefer a DVD/Blu ray because its more reliable and you get to watch the special features.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.