Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

NEW...NXE netflix?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I just signed up for the netflix 2 week trial so I could test out the instant queue stuff. I am fairly disappointed in the video quality I am getting. But the new update is said to maybe remedy my concerns. When the instant queue is loading the video quality is 2 bars full, goes to 4.

This is my first post, I just thought this would be a good palce to ask a question like this and not get hammered by, repost or ect responses.

My internet connection is DSL, max DL 1.5Mbs. Can anyone with a similar connection and have the new update comment on if the streaming quality has improved? I mean have you noticed an increase in the quality your connection can handle. 

Also can you choose what your stream quality will be? I could go for a higher stream if it meant some buffering, that might be worth it to me.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CoverlessTech

Stream quality is depended on your DL speed. 1.5Mbs is pretty slow so you can expect a low quality.

I'm not sure if you can set it if you want it to take longer to buffer.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

the quality of the video all depends on the download and speed of the internet to see what the quality is. i also have DSL and i gave up on netflix because of my internet speed and how the movie looked. i would say that if u pick high quality then it will take longer for the movie to download.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrOldboy

well, I think I've had it with my internet speed and its time to upgrade. I'll be getting 3.0Mbs very soon. Probably will help right. Hopefully not just with netflix.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By themartyr
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrOldboy

ehh, doesn't bother me, adding titles from the computer.

I just want better quality streaming thats all.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOldboy

After trying it out for a bit I am very impressed with the instant streaming. I called AT&T and found out I wasn't getting the full 1.5Mbps I was paying for so tech support ran some line tests over the past 24 hours or so and now I am near 1.5, about 1.47 on the speed test compared to only like 1.2 before. So I am getting 2 bars instead of just one. And the quality is perfectly fine for me, I dont think I'll be upgrading my bandwidth anytime soon.  Although some movies, mostly animated stuff, gets downgraded to 1 bar after a few minutes. Live action stuff never lags and looks pretty good on my HD 24" monitor.

If the new update adds some quality, great. If not. ehhh, what I;m getting has impressed me enough to try it for another month.

Not to mention getting 8-10 DVDs a month if I can manage to get, return, get, in a 4 day period.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.