Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Online Multiplayer Controller Malfunction

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Illmatic

There's an odd issue I've started to have with my 360 controllers, both wired and wireless. Whenever playing single player they work just fine. As soon as I jump into multiplayer however, the controller will begin to disconnect from both random and specific situations. Random in that it'll often just disconnect from the 360 and reconnect a few seconds later without any input. Specific in that whenever I press certain buttons in online multiplayer (for instance, the R trigger while playing Modern Warfare 2) it'll also disconnect but this time require I fiddle with the controllers a bit to get them to reconnect. At first, I thought it was my controller but after purchasing a new one and the same issue coming up a few days later, I fear my actual xbox may be headed to the red ring in the sky soon. Anyone else experience a similar problem and if so were they able to fix it without a potential red ring?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

That's pretty hilarious, I'm sorry.

Sample

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sample

have you tried using your controller on a friend's 360 to see if the problem resides with your controller or your console ?

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Illmatic
    @Sample: Yeah, that's probably the next logical step. It'd be a pretty big bummer to realize I spent more money on a controller with the exact same problem but I'll see.
    Sample

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sample

Or try your friend's controller on your 360.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

it has happened to me before. it was only that couple of times. it hasn't happened to me in a long time. maybe call up microsoft to tell them ur problem. the next step is to try the controllers on a friend's 360 to see if it works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.