Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Peculiar Freezing problem on just Dead Space (need suggestions)

IceTrey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By IceTrey87

So after not playing Dead Space for a while I put it in a few days ago to finish up the game since I was near the end when I stopped.  Then the game started freezing up my system after about five to ten minutes of gameplay.  Here's what I've tried so far. 

I cleared the 360's cache.  I deleted all but one of my saves in case that was the problem.  I then played the game without the hard drive attached to see if it still froze.  It did.  Well then I was relieved at least that my save data wasn't corrupted.  So I figured that leaves either a problem with the 360 hardware itself or the game disc is damaged.  The problems with that is that Dead Space has been the only game that keeps freezing, and it never used to.  I haven't done anything to my game disc to scratch it, I've cleaned it multiple times since the freezing started.  So what's going on?  I plan to see if I can find another copy of the game to try, but then that would leave only my xbox.  But then why would my xbox lose the ability to play only one game, and how?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.