Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Unseen 360 Clip Showing Avatars Playing Games....

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By chewii101

Apparently, this video was produced for E3 09 but was never shown due to time contraints. The video shows the avatars hanging out and playing inside the games, most interesting being the Gears of War, Rock Band/Guitar Hero, and Splinter Cell themes. Maybe we will be able to do this in the next batch of games....? Or maybe not, and not wanting to confuse the audience that this was a possibility, they cut the video. 

Would you, and do you think avatar implementation in games will be greater in the future?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

seems interesting to see that. we heard that it would be possible to play games with the avatars. microsoft just kind of added them into an update without really having much use for them. it is good to hear they might add some use for them.

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SgtReznor

I'd love to see some more Avatar integration - especially considering how much they're going to start charging for some of the new outfits/props, I'd like to see it be used for something more than just ornamental.

Mind you, I'd also like to see some more customisation on the looks of the avatars before they start getting too carried away - I hardly know anyone on my friends list who looks like their avatar. I mean, at least the Wii got that part right!

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Druminator

I really really really hope there aren't going to be fucking avatars running around in Gears or COD or GTA or some shit like that. I would be very pissed.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

It's cute but I don't think the video means anything.  Remember the Gears of War Golf game video that was all a buzz for a while?  Well, nothing ever came of that even though people swore that it was going to be released.  This is just a promo video meant to excite the corporate types about the direction (Wii-like) that avatars can go.  No one is going to make avatar Splinter Cell, although I could see them being implemented into one of the "MySims" titles.  It will be game appropriate, not just every franchise that comes to mind and stick an avatar in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.