Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Well I got my first RROD Tonight After Downloading l&d last night

Spectral_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Spectral_Snake

Well I got my first RROD Tonight After Downloading l&d last night.How could microsoft release a update that would brick alot of peoples consoles and mind you i have had my 360 since summer of 07 and have downloaded a bunch of other updates for other games and never one got the dreaded rrod why is it i get it now when i download the gta l&d and the  manditory update from micro$oft?And i need to know how can i send mine in to get it repaired or get a replacement one sent to since i bought this from ebay back in 07 any help would be greatly appreciated and what other people on gaintbomb have had there 360 bricked because of this update?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Let me say that RROD is NOT related to applications you run on your 360 .  IT IS A RANDOM PROBLEM THAT OCCURS FOR VARIOUS REASONS SUCH AS OVERHEATING , ABRUPT MOVEMENT WHILE THE CONSOLE IS WORKING , LEAVING THE CONSOLE ON FOR LONG HOURS ,  BAD VENTILATION  AND SO FORTH .  Some experience it with high quality games like COD 4 or GOW 2 whereas  some experience it while watching movies or playing XBLA games ......................... bottom line it could happen at any time with any application .

You 'll have to contact Microsoft first  (check out www.xbox.com for the phone numbers and further information ) and assuming you no longer have the 360's box you are gonna have to order a a coffin which will take some time . Then you gotta send it to Microsoft and wait till they send you back a repaired console (sometimes a new one) .The whole process can take days (sometimes weeks ) .

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

when you buy an xbox, you must keep in mind that it will break, you just don't know when..today? tomorrow? 2 years? oh look its already broken..crap

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.