Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 Slim noise/ General 360 wireless issues.

Xs1nX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xs1nX

Picked up a Halo:Reach LE Slim today as an upgrade to my Pro.   
    It looks and feels so much better then my old Pro, however I am a little disappointed with the noise, it is indeed quieter/less offensive in tone then my 3 year old pro but not as shockingly so as id expected.  Saying this I have not yet had a chance to really put it thought its paces yet tho which is a bit of concern, at the moment its just been running it idle at dashboard etc while i sort out my wireless headaches(more on this below) I am hoping it keeps a very similar noise level/character when its been running for a while under load for few hours, if it does that then it will be a good enough improvement over the Pro 

Now to the other reason for posting -

I Can only get both my old 360 and the new Slim to connect to router if I force the 360 to "redo" the WEP password by disconnecting and reconnecting the router/network from the wireless settings panel once system is powered up. It just will not connect to the wireless network from a fresh power up at all, however once it is up I can often get it to connect by reinputing the WEP password. Router is a Netgear DGN2000.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

First: The noise is mostly vibration from the system and not from the fans (which were the big noise maker in previous models). Just install your games and it should be generally much much quieter than the older models. 

Second: Weird wireless problem. You could try posting on the Xbox.com forums about it. There's a fair amount of people there that may have had the same issue. An alternative though could be to just turn off your wireless security and then make your SSID hidden. That way random people won't be able to find your connection so you are a bit safer. Sure, it's pretty easy to find hidden SSIDs, but most people will never know how to do that. Just an idea.

Xs1nX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Xs1nX
    @JJWeatherman said:

" First: The noise is mostly vibration from the system and not from the fans (which were the big noise maker in previous models). Just install your games and it should be generally much much quieter than the older models.  Second: Weird wireless problem. You could try posting on the Xbox.com forums about it. There's a fair amount of people there that may have had the same issue. An alternative though could be to just turn off your wireless security and then make your SSID hidden. That way random people won't be able to find your connection so you are a bit safer. Sure, it's pretty easy to find hidden SSIDs, but most people will never know how to do that. Just an idea. "

Haven't put a disk in the drive yet, been to busy trying to work out the wireless stuff so my noise perception so far is from the point of view of being at the dashboard for about 10 minutes at a time for over an hour. Dont get me wrong id certaintly say it was quieter/less offensive its just not very whisper like at all (for my whisper quiet cooling reference see Yate Loon/Scythe fans on the PC side of things)  As to the notwork stuff I will  try the hiding SSID and going unsecured approach as i didn't think of that one. Thanks..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.