Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox patching issue.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So for some reason whenever I get a title update for a game it doesnt store it. I have to update every time I put the games in. Anyone else have this problem and know a fix for it?

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Maybe your cache is full and only keeping temporary copies of the updates? When's the last time you cleared your system cache? That tends to sort out most of the problems surrounding the Xbox Harddrive.

Go to the System area, find the memory unit and hit Y - this give you the option to delete ALL of your game updates (your saves etc are 100% safe) and you will need to redownload the updates.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grimluck343

@SteamPunkJin said:

Maybe your cache is full and only keeping temporary copies of the updates? When's the last time you cleared your system cache? That tends to sort out most of the problems surrounding the Xbox Harddrive.

Go to the System area, find the memory unit and hit Y - this give you the option to delete ALL of your game updates (your saves etc are 100% safe) and you will need to redownload the updates.

I had this happen a few months ago and this is exactly how I fixed it. Give it a try!

mancide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mancide

Yea, deleting the system cache should fix it. According to the Xbox Ambassador's handbook, sometimes one of the title updates gets corrupted and this is the only way to force it to download (and keep) a new patch.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FritzDude

Games with a title update under 6MB will be stored in the game cache. Games that got an update on 6MB or more will be stored in the games directory which you can find in the system -> games/apps. Do you remember what title updates you have problems with? But yes, clear your system cache and see if that will help.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laserbolts

Thanks for the replies guys I'll try the cache update thing happens with every game I play so I'll try it out and see what happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.