Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox360 troubles, please help or give advice?

Ninjahaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ninjahaxer

I have had my halo 3 special edition Xbox 360 for four years now. It. Has has problems that I have been able to fix in the past. Recently it has obtained the three red rings and the screen pops. Up with an E74 error. I have boughten and new fan and AV cord but that hasn't fixed the problem. If anyone know how to fix the E74 error please help.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rotnac

Your Xbox 360 is dead and needs to be sent in for repair. you can start that process through xbox.com or call them up at their 1-800 number.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By OldManLight

yeah dude, your 360 is unfortunately broken. Don't put any stock in any of the crazy fixes you see online, like the X-clamp fix or using a heat source to try to reflow the solder joints on the chip because those are only temporary fixes that likely do more harm than good. you can use their online support at https://myservice.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

or i think the number is 1-800-4-my-xbox. I've called it a few times myself.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

The E74 error means the GPU? is burned out. Don't work no more son. A way to fix it though is if you buy a new 360, and remove the mother board and use that to replace the one that is busted in your 360.

Ninjahaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ninjahaxer

Thanks everyone for your help, I hope I will have it fixed eventually.

Ninjahaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ninjahaxer

Hey guys thanks for he help but o never did get my 360 fixed. But fortunately I got a Xbox 360/kinect for Christmas so my problem is solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.