Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

The End of Xbox Live

vaderbreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vaderbreath

So Xbox live for the original Xbox will end in about three days.  I'll probably go back and play some Halo 2 just to remember the "old" days.  Anyone else going to go back and brush up on some original Xbox games?

UnoGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By UnoGenius

I will probably play some halo 2 as well and be depressed beyond belief to how old I am.

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
    ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ButtonsMcBoomBoom

They should have closed it down a while ago and added more functionality as the playstation network started to grow. I won't be going back to play old games mostly because all of the original xbox games I still have are for the single player love and warmth.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ
    @UnoGenius said:
    " I will probably play some halo 2 as well and be depressed beyond belief to how old I am. "
    Those 6 year old games sure make you feel ancient, don't they?

Maybe I'll throw in Half Life 2, and get some old school video game nostalgia. Gotta love those really early generation titles. 
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269

I will probably get an urge to play some before it ends but then remember that I would rather do something else.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sharpless

Okay, I haven't really been following this closely, but will they be shutting down ALL Xbox Live support for the original Xbox? I was previously under the impression that they were making it so that you could no longer play OG Xbox games online on the 360, but you would still be able to play them on your old box.

If that's not the case, then I'm a little heartbroken. Playing Star Wars: Battlefront online used to be one of my favorite things to do, and like most people, I have many fond memories of Halo 2. "Boo!" to killing games. :(

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By demontium

User: So, Microsoft, now that your bandwith costs are being cut with the end of original XBL, can we expect any sort of price cut for 360 XBL? 
    MS: Well, there are several complications with the whole situation, we will have a much faster service for Xbox 360 users! 
    User: So no? 
    MS: Yeahno. 
    User: Cheap Bastards! 
    MS: Haha! Kids.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Those 6 year old games sure make you feel ancient, don't they? Maybe I'll throw in Half Life 2, and get some old school video game nostalgia. Gotta love those really early generation titles.  "
    Holy shit!  Halo 2 is really 6-years old?  Man....where has my life disappeared to?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.