Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

A backwards compatibility question

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So I was a very early adopter of my Xbox 360 and when it broke a year after I bought it I decided to ditch it for a PS3 instead. With that, I missed some games that in hindsight sounded awesome and I really wanted to play. Luckily I got a few of those with my recent purchase of rare replay but since I'm in the preview program I had a thought to extend my reach.

I've always wanted to play shadow complex, I've heard nothing but amazing things about that game and while I'm in the preview program, there really is no way on the Xbox one for me to purchase 360 games. So my question is if I purchase something for the 360 on my PC, will it show up on my Xbox one to download?

Regardless, I'm sure this'll be implemented better into the Xbox One once the backwards compatibility officially launched, but for now I didn't want to throw pre purchase something I won't be able to play for a few months, that's just silly. Who would do such a thing!?

Thanks for your help!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

@sackmanjones: Don't take my word on this as fact, but there are a couple of Games for Gold games which I "purchased" through a browser and don't remember ever downloading on my 360. Banjo-Tooie for example. These games still appeared on my Xbox One "ready to download" list as soon as they were added to the backwards compatability list.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This article I found seems to confirm that you can do exactly that. It's about five questions down, Here's the link.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.