Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Concerning Patching Games

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

So recently I've had a thought concerning patching games on the Xbox One. As I do not yet own the console I'm wondering if someone in the forums could please answer the questions I have concerning patching games on the console due in part to the massive patch sizes we've seen for several games on the system. My questions are the following:

1. Suppose you buy a game on disc, do you then install the disc then download the patch (similar to the way the 360 / PS3 operated) or is the patch included in the install of the game.
    2. Are you able to play other games that you've downloaded or watch TV whilst the patch for a game on disc downloads.
    3. Can you download the patch while the console is in standby mode.

Many thanks for the answers I receive.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I only buy digital, So I can't answer 1. Although I do think you'll still have to patch.

But you can do 2. And 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. You will mostly have to patch disc games, but on the Xbox One the patch downloads while installing the game from the disc.

2. You can play other games and do everything else on the console while it is patching a game.

3. I'm pretty sure if you use the standby mode it will patch games? I'm not sure though, as I don't use it.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When you pop the disk in Xbox tells you the game needs a patch and installs it while the game installs.
    Don't think I've tried to run a game while another one installs, old PC habits die hard.
    I'd assume it would continue to install if your system goes into sleep mode but again I haven't tried.

Hey, one out of three aint bad!
    : )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.