Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Ecosystem Wars: Battle for the World's TV. Sign up here!

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By FirebirdINF

Poll Ecosystem Wars: Battle for the World's TV. Sign up here! (34 votes)

XBOX-Windows 15%
    PS4-Vita 32%
    Nintendo 0%
    Apple 3%
    Steam 12%
    Amazon 6%
    Roku 3%
    Google 0%
    Other 15%
    None 12%

Who will dominate your TV in two years? Which ecosystem will you be absorbed into primarily for your TV and your other devices: phones, PCs, tablets, watches, glasses)?

It feels like the device is becoming increasingly secondary. PS4 and X1 are PCs. What differentiates them is their ecosystem: interface, content, delivery. Apple has a polished ecosystem, but its shy of the TV. Steam is aggressive but limited to games. Google is a distant also ran.

The best ecosystem for consoles is what the debate between Sony and MS is all about. Are games still the key to the consumer's heart, or are they just window dressing? I am torn. I dont know. Will have to see how the dice rolls.

• 
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guys, I have a confession to make.

I LOVE WINDOWS 7!

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

I don't like being trapped in one ecosystem.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gargantuan

I only use my TV for video games so the PS4 will most likely win the "TV war". I watch movies and stuff on my PC.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I wish you would not have combined Xbox and Windows. I'm a PC gamer, and plan to stick to PC gaming, but I'm not buying an Xbox One for a long time if I buy one at all.

I don't know if all this "ecosystem" bullshit is actually what a lot of consumers want. Sure, you'll get some nutty fanboys, but most people are going to have an iPhone or an Android, a laptop or a desktop, an Xbox or a PS4, and they'll mix and match brands instead of sticking to one so they can get the best parts of each world.

Aside from my PC, though, when I get a PS4 it will be my main TV box. Actually, apart from my PC my PS2 is my main TV box right now, and that's because I only ever play video games on my TV (and I'm trying to only play video games on my PC). For practically everything else I have my laptop. So I am simply not in the target audience for Microsoft's Xbox One.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Whichever one I play the most and has Netflix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.