Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

New Elite model with hybrid drive and Elite controller, $500

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

Today Microsoft announced a new Xbox One SKU. The Elite Bundle differentiates itself by coming with a 1TB SHDD, also known as a hybrid hard drive, and the new Elite Controller. To top it off (literally) the console now has a matte finish on the top. It does not come with a Kinect. The Xbox One Elite comes out November 3rd, only at GameStop and the Microsoft Store at first.

The seems pretty cool to me. As someone that plays both a ton of Forza and Halo, the Elite controller was going to be a day one buy for me. I've also been looking to get an external hard drive. If I can sell my launch Xbone, then getting this new one would be the difference of me getting a HDD and Elite controller anyway.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I don't need this and I shouldn't spend money on this, but I want this. What I want most of all however is one of those new white controllers.

No Caption Provided

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

MS has so many bundles for the Xbox: One!

However, if I was in the market for a 4th Xbox: One this would be the bundle i would pick up. Maybe i could just replace one of my originals with this one, was planning on getting the Elite Controller whenever that comes out.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If I was going to get an XBox One, this would be the version, but for now I don't need another system, I am out of room as it is. Still pretty cool and I like the matte finish.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@isomeri said:

I don't need this and I shouldn't spend money on this, but I want this. What I want most of all however is one of those new white controllers.

No Caption Provided

Oh Wow!! That is the best looking controller i've seen. The design is so simple but it looks incredible.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, but I'm still waiting for the Xbox One "Slim" to be announced. Then I might jump in.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That is one goddamn nice looking controller.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I cannot make a loud enough fart sound for the inclusion a hybrid drive. I cannot see that mattering in the slightest.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally. I need a second controller and I've been waiting for a white one to come out to go with my white Box.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ballsleon: but you see Sony doesn't have one as an option so this makes all the difference!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I cannot make a loud enough fart sound for the inclusion a hybrid drive. I cannot see that mattering in the slightest.

Yeah the boost is going to be way smaller than what they're hyping it will be but damn that is a nice controller

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 71Ranchero

Gonna have to be that guy and say the gold looks tacky as fuck. Its better than the chrome they used before but still, no thanks.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ballsleon said:

Yeah the boost is going to be way smaller than what they're hyping it will be but damn that is a nice controller

The boost will be 20% in OS i 100% believe it will make that alot faster. Game loading not so much maybe 10% at best faster loading games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

controller would be nice w/o the gold. and somehow the size of the Duke.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bcooper21

@keirgo said:

Interesting, but I'm still waiting for the Xbox One "Slim" to be announced. Then I might jump in.

I dont get why people want slim models. Its a box that is under your tv/entertainment center its not something you carry/bring with you size has 0 affect. As someone who owns a PS4 launch and new 1tb xbox one i can tell you first hand the PS4 is loud as fuck as noisy as my original white 360. Where the xbox one you can tell microsoft really want it a cool and silent console after 360 RROD i cant even hear the console running even during loading where my PS4 since i sit so close to my TV i can hear quite clearly and its super hot compared to my xbox one. Noise might be a minor thing but im loving the fact my xbox one feels like its not even on which it dam well better with how big it is the PS4 is slim and sleek looking but it comes at a cost.

A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keirgo said:

I dont get why people want slim models. Its a box that is under your tv/entertainment center its not something you carry/bring with you size has 0 affect. As someone who owns a PS4 launch and new 1tb xbox one i can tell you first hand the PS4 is loud as fuck as noisy as my original white 360. Where the xbox one you can tell microsoft really want it a cool and silent console after 360 RROD i cant even hear the console running even during loading where my PS4 since i sit so close to my TV i can hear quite clearly and its super hot compared to my xbox one. Noise might be a minor thing but im loving the fact my xbox one feels like its not even on which it dam well better with how big it is the PS4 is slim and sleek looking but it comes at a cost.

My PS4 makes no noise, my friends' One sounds like a tank. This generation volume is random within the same console family.

Also, I have limited room for consoles. Smaller is better. And while I don't take my console places a heck of a lot of people do. You should avoid making blanket statements using your experience as everyone's is different.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rollingzeppelin

oooh gold coloured plastic! Ok, they do look pretty cool but that's not worth the premium price. The only thing a hybrid drive will do is make startup times shorter. Are they that long to begin with? My 360 started up in less than 10 seconds, don't know about the One but it can't be that much longer.

@bcooper21: 10% in games? I doubt that very much. I've seen comparisons of PC games that were installed on a hybrid drive compared to a HDD and the difference was basically negligible.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bcooper21 said:
    @keirgo said:

My PS4 makes no noise, my friends' One sounds like a tank. This generation volume is random within the same console family.

Also, I have limited room for consoles. Smaller is better. And while I don't take my console places a heck of a lot of people do. You should avoid making blanket statements using your experience as everyone's is different.

Im not taking your word for it might be a faulty console maybe. Owning both i can say the Xbox one hardly makes any sound at all that i can notice vs my PS4 which is noticeable but not horrible. If this affects you will all depend on the person. Most people dont give a shit about the console noise because almost all of them are quite enough you wont notice if you have your surround sound on. Just like how most people dont care if there console is slim or portable. Its person by person both things are so minor it does not matter anyway's. You should not be buying a console based off Noise or Size any how it should be the games, price and value.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: Agreed, I'd be willing to bet there is an internal bandwidth limit that can't make use of a full SSD let alone a hybrid drive.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I switched out the HDD of my PS4 with a hybrid drive. I noticed the difference. I could only hope that a hybrid drive would improve the Xbox One's already sluggish OS.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@a_faceless_name said:
    @bcooper21 said:

Im not taking your word for it might be a faulty console maybe. Owning both i can say the Xbox one hardly makes any sound at all that i can notice vs my PS4 which is noticeable but not horrible. If this affects you will all depend on the person. Most people dont give a shit about the console noise because almost all of them are quite enough you wont notice if you have your surround sound on. Just like how most people dont care if there console is slim or portable. Its person by person both things are so minor it does not matter anyway's. You should not be buying a console based off Noise or Size any how it should be the games, price and value.

I own both too. The few times I've used the Xbox One, I've noticed that it is slightly louder than my PS4. I didn't get either one at launch, and the 1tb Xbox One wasn't available when I got it. There might have been slight improvements to both consoles for all I know, where my PS4 is quieter than your's, and your Xbox One is quieter than mine. With the exception of the noise made when the Xbox One is installing a game from disc, they're both quiet enough that game audio and some background noise will cover up their sound.

A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: Exactly my point, this generation everyone I know has different experiences in volume between consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.