Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Next game to buy?

Avatar image for killerishere828
    killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So tomorrow I'm going to buy a new xbox one game and was wondering by people's experiences with the ones I haven't played yet. Games I already have are Battlefield 4, COD Ghost, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Max Curse of the Brotherhood. The games I'm considering are Forza 5, Assassins Creed IV, FIFA 14, Madden 25, NBA 2K14, Need For Speed: Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.

Honest opinions please. I appreciate it.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Zoo Tycoon, but as usual it depends on what you want to play.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I love me Assassin's Creed IV. Like alot. I'm still playing it a month or so post XONE launch. For example, I just started beating some of the legendary ships, its still stupidly fun, and its one of the most challenging parts of the entire game.

My second choice would be a tossup between FIFA 14, and Zoo Tycoon. FIFA if you have some friends to play with, or Zoo Tycoon if you wanna smile some. Fun fact, the Kinectimals team made Zoo Tycoon, so neat! :D

Tomb Raider, Thief, Titanfall, plus all the indies are gonna be next, starting January, btw. Those things are on My list at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
    deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza 5 is pretty good. It has a few really disappointing aspects to it, but I would say Assassins Creed IV is very good.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

Forza felt like a waste of money to me, sounds like you have enough game to last a bit anyways.

BF4 has been a huge time sink, in a good way when it works.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It was slow at first and sorta a lot more of the same (since I've played Assassin's Creed every year since 2009) but I eventually really started liking Assassin's Creed 4.

Yeah the tailing missions are excessive and boring but I still love sailing the seas, climbing towers, finding treasure and the plot gets a lot more interesting in the later game.

I would recommend getting a copy of AC4: Black Flag. But be prepared, it's still assassin's creed, it's not some crazy new game. Still fun tho!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

If you have friends who also have it, madden 25. It's fun to get competitive with different gaming styles, and nothing will beat playin against someone in the same room

dionysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dionysis

Forza 5, Assassin's Creed, Dead Rising, and Peggle have been my favorites so far, but I haven't even tried any of the sports games or Zoo Tycoon yet. Need for Speed was fun, but kinda lost it's appeal pretty quick.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm played Ryse, playing Dead Rising 3, rented Forza, playing Ass4.

I would say, wait for a 30$ Ryse ( it's a really good game and the most beautiful game I've ever played. It's smooth and way more enjoyable than critics say. It's a good show case for a new console.
    Dead Rising 3 is worth every penny so far. My GF uses the companion smart glass app and keeps helping me and pointing me to stuff.. it's just so fucking great. It doesn't look too bad but lots of Aliasing problems if you are nit picky.
    Forza is just god dam impressive. The rumbles on the controllers are the best. But if you're not into driving games.... well. It looks great but I'm sure the next one will be the one to get...probably Forza Horizon 2 next year?
    Ass 4 is great the game I've played the most yet. It's just a perfect game to play with podcast snapped on the side. I've been listening and watching all the GB game of the year stuff while playing it. Just turn the volume down of everything in the game and enjoy collect everything and killing stuff. It's fast, no frame rate issues, but I would say the PS4 is the better version from what I've heard.

So in short, so far; I would say get Dead Rising 3, you won't regret it. It's so much fun. I was lucky enough the get the Reaper Scythe an hour in lol. it's the best. It's a really great : "hey look at my new console shiny new game" type of thing and fun to play with people around since they can help you. It's a little clunky but after an hour in, you're just having an absolute fun.

I hope this helps you man.

p

killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By killerishere828

BTW I have $150 in gamestop gift cards. So I can get two games and put the rest down on Titanfall :) But ok Assassins Creed it is. I played the zoo tycoon demo and it's pretty fun but not going to be my first choice. Probably when a price cut hits. And for the sports games. I like them a lot but don't have any friends on xbox one to play them with (add me if you like, GT=KillerIsHere828) but there is online mode. What is the disappointing aspects of Forza watchmen877? Need for Speed looks fun but don't want it to disappoint. I do want a racing game, just can't decide on which one.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I'm probably looking at Forza next but I'll probably get LEGO Marvel or Spartan Assault first.

killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerishere828: I have dead rising 3 and Ryse son of Rome. Ryse is def a beautiful game. I enjoyed it a lot. Dr3 is lots if fun. So I'm gonna go with assassins creed. Everyone says it great on this thread and I've enjoyed the others. Everyone was very informative.

JackBurt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By JackBurt0n

Get a points card and pick up Killer Instinct and Halo: Spartan Assault! If you're a basketball fan, I'd also highly recommend NBA 2K14.

Battery24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring for game advice too (sorry, not trying to hijack your thread killerishere828). I have DR3 and Ryse, been enjoying the hell out of both, but been debating which game to pick up next, AC4 or BF4. AC4 sounds great, but I'd like a fun multiplayer game too. Are the BF4 server issues still terrible?

killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killerishere828

@battery24: Bf4 is great. I play it everyday. And ever since the updates they put out I haven't had problems. Think I might get the premium dlc now lol. And it's ok. All gaming questions are welcome.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ac4 is a great pick

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

Assassin's Creed IV.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon or AC4.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Yeah, Spartan assault is pretty fun if you're into top down shooters, or Halo, or both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.