Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

NFL and XBOX One

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I saw the reveal show and couldn't figure out why they spent so much time talking about the NFL. Sure if I could watch games and have my fantasy stats updated that's great, but I can already do that. Like Patrick pointed out they never actually said sunday ticket or said they will have all the games, and thats the key having all the games. To start with directv already lets you put your fantasy team in and lets you track their stats on the side of the screen.

More important is the idea of when is this going to happen this year? NO. When is this system going to launch Oct. Nov? by the first week in Nov the NFL is already in week 10. Directv's deal with the NFL runs till 2014 and they are currently paying the NFL 1 BILLION dollars a year for the rights to all the games. So the more I thought about this dumber it seemed to me that MS would talk about the NFL. They aren't going to get sunday ticket this year cause it would probably cost them too much to only end up with back half of the season and only a small number of users. Once the current deal with directv ends the NFL will shop around the package and sell the rights to the highest bidder, directv ended up with package to begin with cause they were willing to pay the lump sum up front. That lump sum was 700 MILLION for the first few years and now 1 BILLION a year till 2014.

I am someone who leaves out of market of his favorite team and someone who likes his fantasy football. I pay and use my PS3 to stream the games I want to watch every week. This past year the thing ran fine, the first year it was pretty shitty. Will it be available on PS3 again this year? last year they didn't announce till a week before the season started.

Just trying to help clear up what little we can actually clear up. No sunday ticket this year for xbox, will MS spend millions or billions to get in the following year who knows the NFL is really good at making money.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Redzone is much better anyways.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

@marcsman said:

Redzone has changed the way I watched football. So good.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

@marcsman said:

Redzone has changed the way I watched football. So good.

Especially if you have bets on non televised games. It is the best.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By DocHaus

Even cheaper option: find a sports bar. Chances are good they'll have at least one TV with your team on it. Also, you get to talk to real people!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

@dochaus said:

Even cheaper option: find a sports bar. Chances are good they'll have at least one TV with your team on it.

$5 a month is much cheaper than spending 7 hours in a sports bar.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I can't watch football anymore unless it is Redzone

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Redzone is pretty spectacular!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By nightriff

@mocbucket62 said:

@nightriff said:

Redzone is pretty spectacular!

Yup, pretty much the only football I watched last year was the super bowl because we didn't have redzone...and my team sucked

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.