Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

P90X/ Halo 4 PC streaming/ Carmack/ D4

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

1) If you wanna lose weight, Xbox Fitness might work out pretty well for you. Its a free Xbox app that's coming out for November, free for the first year past launch. 4 famousy celebrity trainers.

I remember when I used to weigh 100 pounds. Now I'm like at 136... Or probably more since I haven't checked at the doctor lately. So this would be pretty cool for me. And its free. :D

2) Polygon: Report: Microsoft shows Halo 4 running on PC, Windows Phone streaming from cloud

Halo 4 — and possibly other Xbox games — may be coming to your PC and smartphone. According to a report from The Verge, Microsoft demonstrated cloud-based streaming technology at a company meeting today that showed 343 Industries' Halo 4 running on Windows PC and Windows Phone.

The Verge's report says the service was demoed on a Windows Phone with an Xbox 360 controller attached and a low end PC. Officials referred to the unnamed cloud service, which is reportedly powered by Microsoft's Azure platform, as a prototype.

Microsoft's Albert Penello recently talked about the possibility for Xbox One backwards compatibility through cloud-based streaming using Azure, saying it could be utilized for "more complicated things like rendering full games like a Gaikai and delivering it to the box."

"We just have to figure out how, over time, how much does that cost to deliver, how good is the experience," Penello recently told GameSpot.

And I didn't end up playing Halo 4 either. My 360 red ringed, so this would be pretty cool to get back to Halo 4. The one game I didn't end up playing. And Gears: Judgement, but eh.

3) I still don't understand what Carmack said about MS and Sony being hostile to AMD's Mantle API. Did it get announced that Steam is going to be using it, or are Sony and MS both going to be using it to combat Steam..

4) And well there's just this amusing interview with Swery 65 about D4. I still think it looks pretty cool, but its a shame its not a launch title. Actually it'll probably launch with XONE in Japan, so eh. That's probably a little while.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

D4 looks wack as hell. As for the fitness thing, 1 year free not bad. I will definitely try it out.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlexGlass

OP, I don't think most people understand the magnitude of what you just posted when you say Halo 4 PC streaming because you merged it with 2 different topics. Ok so basically the idea that Azure is going to be just a dedicated server can officially be put to rest now.

No Caption Provided

Microsoft is building its own cloud gaming service. Company officials demonstrated a prototype of the service during an internal company meeting today. Sources familiar with the meeting revealed to The Verge that Microsoft demonstrated Halo 4 running on a Windows Phone and PC, both streaming the game from the cloud. We're told that the concept service runs smoothly on both devices, and that Microsoft has managed to reduce the latency on a Lumia 520 to just 45ms.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774418/microsoft-demonstrates-halo-4-streaming-from-the-cloud-to-windows-and

For the record, 45ms is basically incredible and that's on a phone, so I'm assuming we're talking cell phone networks and cell phone wireless.

Here's the Lumia 520:

No Caption Provided

45ms is less than typical LCD TV lag, and half the latency the latest and newest cloud services running Nvidia's GRID servers can offer. And roughly 3x-5x less latency than OnLive. In other words, we're there.

No Caption Provided

At that latency, it's just a different world.

Microsoft has been researching cloud streaming, especially for cell phones, for a long time now btw. You can read in depth papers on it here and here. And not just for gaming, but for applications like MS Office, 3D design programs and many other uses.

Can't wait to see what they come up with as far as hybrid X1/server offloading goes. Will be amazing to see something like Cloudlight implemented in X1 games. If they can reach that type of latency worldwide, or even 60ms, you could realistically do your entire real time lighting engine on a server.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic

Do you know what's the difference between Insanity and P90X? And what food do you think would be good to work out with starting out? Like for a difference between breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Or maybe four smaller meals a day is better, etc.

@alexglass

Yea, that sounds alright. I like how they said that this XONE stuff is supposed to last way more than 10 years. It sounds more like a scheduled program than a one-off console.

I wanna see some crazy cool games to come out with this streaming stuff. Like a ARG game, or a very strange take on Pokemon. Something cool to stir up innovation. :D

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By falserelic

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@falserelic

Do you know what's the difference between Insanity and P90X? And what food do you think would be good to work out with starting out? Like for a difference between breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Or maybe four smaller meals a day is better, etc.

(Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong)

From what I've heard awhile back...

P90X is a 90 day workout program. Where you workout your whole body with a mix of cardio and weight training. Insanity is a 60 day workout program. where your doing intense back to back cardio without weight training. both can be effective from what I've heard about them.

As for your eating routine that comes down to your personal preference. I'm not really the best at giving people advice on the foods they should eat.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fuck, that Windows Phone stuff looks interesting as hell. If there'd be a way to wirelessly sync your X1 controller to a WP, and then release a phone-to-controller holder, that'd be amazing.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: I saw this earlier and thought it was neat.

Loading Video...
    Final_Bawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, streaming to my phone, ohmywhat.

Then again my internet is really average..

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, 100-136 pounds? How fucking small are you?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so nobody gets too excited, Halo 4 really sucks.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, 100-136 pounds? How fucking small are you?

I was thinking the samething, it sounds like he's underweight.

if you don't mind me asking @blu3v3nom07 how tall are you?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@falserelic: Ha! Hispanic from Texas. 5'4"

So from a scale I tried right now that might not work, I'm now 148 lb. Fuck.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@falserelic: Ha! Hispanic from Texas. 5'4"

I think that's a normal weight for a guy around your size. I would recommend bulking up if you have access to a gym. I could go into more detail about it, but I'm sure you have your mind already set for your weight loss goals. As long as you make sure your at a caloric deficit each day you'll lose weight.

EDIT: I just notice you said 148. If you was drinking alot of soda's or water before you got on the scale, it could be water retention.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@falserelic: Well, what do you think is a good weight to start with kettlebells? Like 15 lb each hand, maybe?. And I guess for a couple of minutes each exercise or something.

Hmm. I guess I'll keep the water thing in mind.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Well, what do you think is a good weight to start with kettlebells? Like 15 lb each hand, maybe?. And I guess for a couple of minutes each exercise or something.

Hmm. I guess I'll keep the water thing in mind.

Starting off light is good if your a beginner. Though you'll have to do alot of reps to get a good effective workout. It's probably best to watch a few youtube vids of people doing compound movements, just to see different types of routines you can do with the kettlebells. I usually watch vids and learn different workout methods I can do at the gym all the time.

In the end its going to take some trial and error.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.