Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Workaround for Headsets on X1?

FRo57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was pretty disappointed when I heard about the lack of support for current gen headsets on the X1. I own a Tritton 720 which cost me 150 dollars at the time and I'd really like to not have to get a new headset. Tritton still hasn't made a statement about compatibility for the X1. Obviously unless they create some sort of adapter I and others won't be able to plug into the new controller.

However, something that I haven't seen is a potential work around, or at least a temporary one. The X1 does have an optical port on the back of the console, so in that respect, my 720s will work potentially as just Surround Sound Headphones. Past that, the Kinect can then be used as a microphone. So theoretically, you could use this setup to keep playing without buying a new headset. Obviously this would depend a lot on how well the microphone on the Kinect works and if it picks up everything in your house or just your voice.

Currently this is my plan until support from Tritton gets announced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.