Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox Live Clubs and Looking for Group Available Soon to Preview Members

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Clubs and Looking for Group are being made available to Preview members. According to the blog post, "Reserve your Club name today as no two can be the same!" I stopped being a Preview member a while back so I don't have access but someone should create a Club for duders from this community.

If one of you creates it, please post info here about joining. I'm sure others would like to join as well and maybe discuss early impressions of how well (or poorly) it works compared to just sharing gamertags here.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good idea. I hope someone here can claim the Giant Bomb name.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I assume @jeff will make one and try and get the GB name, unless some other Duder jacks it like they did on PS4.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea. I hope someone here can claim the Giant Bomb name.

I really don't think it matters too much. If they're anything like PS4 communities, clubs will be best used for individual games, not entire website communities.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DharmaBum
    constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: That makes sense. If it's an improvement on sharing tags here and then forgetting why a person is on your friends list, I'm all for it.

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drchi

I'm in the preview and it's not just for individual games. It's a full on club where you can play any number of games, they have their own community feed, and even their own "Looking for Group" section. Plus, like @constantk hopes, it's perfect for grouping your friends list (you don't even have to add the roster to your friends list, they just show upunder that club "folder").

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drchi said:

I'm in the preview and it's not just for individual games. It's a full on club where you can play any number of games, they have their own community feed, and even their own "Looking for Group" section. Plus, like @constantk hopes, it's perfect for grouping your friends list (you don't even have to add the roster to your friends list, they just show upunder that club "folder").

Has someone made a Giant Bomb one?

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dharmabum said:

@drchi said:

I'm in the preview...

Has someone made a Giant Bomb one?

There is a "Giantbomb Fans" one. I thought of making one for "GiantBomb" but I think @jeff is in the preview program also so I didn't want to "snipe" it from the staff proper. You can add people as admins, but I don't think you can transfer ownership after-the-fact. I also don't want it going to a random squatter though.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drchi: Well if "Giant Bomb" is taken I'm sure Jeff can come up with some other dumb name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.