Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox one Elite Wireless Controller

Stubert73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

After weeks of checking, I finally found an elite controller available to order. I placed the order, but almost immediately got pangs of remorse. Thing is, I'm hardly a Pro player (kind of a spaz really), but I likes me a nice controller. I play almost every night, so I'm sure I'll get use out of it. Anyone out there have one of these? Is it worth the price tag?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

A local chain has the Elite controller on sale for 80 euro (down from €130). I've been sort of waiting for an updated model with Bluetooth support, but I might jump in at this price. I'd still like to hear thoughts from duders who've been using the Elite controller for a longer time. Have you been satisfied with your purchase?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By viking_funeral

The local FNAC has a wall of Elite controllers. Are they that hard to find stateside?

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was in a similar position last year when I bought mine. It's a luxury item for sure but there the difference in build quality is definitely noticable in the hands - it feels weightier. Not sure it's worth the price tag but I don't regret buying it. The controller feels built to last and is more comfortable than the regular XB1, or the new XB1S gamepad which seems kinda cheap and flimsy by comparison.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought one. It's really, really nice... maybe don't pay 130€ for it. I can't really justify that decicion to myself anymore.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mems1224

I've had one since launch and it's easily the best controller I've ever used and it just feels real nice in your hands. Don't regret it at all

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our very own Dan Ryckert has one and had nice things to say about it.

I personally don't have a use case for one, but I like the idea.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I periodically toy with the idea of getting one, but it's a hard sell in Korea where they run anywhere from $150-$200. I like my DS4s for PC gaming just fine, and I could buy three of them for the price of one Elite, and I can connect them with regular old Bluetooth.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't have one but if you really like nice controllers, have the extra money, and play often, then go for it. Treat yo self duder! Life is too short.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had one for about a year and even though I don't play my X1 all that much it was absolutely worth the money. By far the best controller I have ever used.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I sold mine after a few months - Never used the replacement sticks and almost immediately removed the paddles. It also had a sticky analogue trigger.

Bought two new bluetooth XB1 pads with the proceeds.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one off a decent deal from Gamestop last November or December, I got it $40 off or something like that. I really like it, it took some getting used to the paddles though. It feels great in the hands, and I use it exclusively now for my Xbox and I switch between the elite controller and my keyboard/mouse on PC depending on the game.

I have read on Amazon reviews that the bumper breaks often, so the quality control on this thing might be 50/50, I might have lucked out with a good one. So to me it was worth it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

I love my Elite controller, it's well built, feels great, and surprisingly enough I like removing the travel distance of the triggers. I haven't gone all out with the flippers on the back but it's nice to have the options.

That said $150 is still a stupid high price for this thing. I only got it because Monoprice had them for $130 but I think that $100 is the right price this controller should sell for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.