Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One X 4K assets

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hi guys, I’ve just upgraded from an Xbox One s to a Xbox One X, started playing Gears 5 with 4K resolution turned on in settings. Except the file size is around 55GB... and doesn’t look any better than on the S.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to download the 4K assets? I can’t find anything in settings or on the Gears 5 page.

Thanks.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I’m not sure if it’s still there, but there was an option to download 4k assets at one time.

The three big things I’d suggest are:

1) Checking your Xbox display settings to make sure you have all those beautiful check marks next to the 4k/HDR features (whatever your TV and cables support).

2) Going into Games & Apps and filtering to Xbox One X Enhanced. I believe only games with the X content downloaded will appear here.

3) Download the Insects app (I think that was the name). It has interactive 4k, HDR, and audio filters that will let you test your 4k-ness in real time, toggling features on and off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.