Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

"Xbox Select" Command Not Working?

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Samael2138

I have been using the Kinect voice commands since launch. Starting yesterday, I noticed the "Xbox Select" command is recognized, but it no longer highlights text in green, and no longer recognizes any of the associated voice commands. Every other command works fine, until I have to say something that should be highlighted green.

A perfect example. I say "Xbox turn off", and it brings up the "Are you sure?etc..." box, but yes and no are no longer highlighted green, and it will not recognize either one, no matter how loud I say it. I have to turn a controller back on, just to hit yes and have it turn off.

This has made it nearly impossible to use Netflix, Amazon, etc... without resorting to a controller. I haven't changed anything in settings or preferences, and can't seem to figure out why it suddenly started doing this.

Anyone else having this issue? Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I figured out a solution, no thanks to any of you duders!

Just kidding, but the solution was to power cycle the console, although I read a couple of accounts that had to factory reset to remedy the problem. Either way, its fixed, and hopefully this will help anybody experiencing the same problem.....

...although after this mornings news, perhaps people won't be using the Kinect for much longer?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The last update (after a hard reset) has finally fixed the one voice command ("xbox on") that it's consistently struggled with, and the shorter, less-intrusive "listening time" is great. It's a damn shame that Kinect is really hitting its stride in functionality as the news breaks that they're pretty much doing away with it.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I was about to say "are you using the instant on feature"?

I find that things begin to break if the console isn't properly rebooted after a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.