Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox year in review

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

~760 hours, which is about the same amount of time as I spent watching movies based on another site's numbers. Granted, some amount of that time counts for both.

Most played game Guitar Hero Live, which makes sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hot-damn, I spent 1431 hours playing games while connected to Xbox Live, which places me in the top 5% of time spent.

I earned 16202 Gamerscore (spread over 968 Achievements) since January, which puts me in the top 1% of gamerscore earned.

My most active day was strangely enough the day MGSV came out, which is also my most played game this year.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems likr it's countint the number of hours you are usibg uour xbox....not the playing time only. Im at more than 3000 hours. Top 1%. But I maybe olayed 300 hours of game total at most looking at the sum of all the hours spent on different games. 116 hours of Forza 6. Dan J lovr this game. Might be my game of the year.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty cool. I like stats although some of the data seems out (Halo 5 the site says I played 16 hours but my profile shows as 22 hours played). It is a cool break down and showing friend and community averages to compare your data with seems a nice touch.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure I actually used my Xbox One for nearly 300 hours-- like, not even close to that. If I had to guess though, I expect about half of those hours would be the days I had to leave my console on just to download/install the games that came bundled with it. Xbox is super slow compared to my other systems for some reason.

I have no idea why AC Unity is my "most played game", because I spent waaaaaay less time with that than Sunset Overdrive (I probably spent more time downloading the damn thing than I did playing it). It also says D4 is my most played Games With Gold game, even though I bought and played through it months before it was part of that service. Data must be hard, I guess.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

it says i spent 609 hours gaming on xbox live, but i really doubt it

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigsocrates

It says I spent 4217 hours playing Xbox this year. Considering that A) There are 8760 hours in a year and B) I held down a (more than) full time job this year and didn't die from lack of sleep, that number is not correct. Now if it's actually measuring amount of time connected to Live, that's more plausible, since I often leave my Xbox on playing youtube videos when I'm going to sleep, and sometimes forget to turn it off in the morning because the TV has an auto-off function. but that's not what it says. It also says that my most played game is Pinball FX 2, which might be true if it's going by number of times launched, since I often play one or two rounds in that in between games or just before sleep or whatever, but it's definitely not correct for number of hours.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been with xbox live a while but I don't think it's been this long...

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

^ So, looking above at the comments, I just have to shake my head.

So, is this intentional miscounting to create better stats; or did they just 'accidentally' use an algorithm for counting that WORKS for nobody? In other words, is this fibbing or incompetence?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: It probably counts all of the Netflix and TV viewing that passes through the Xbox, as well as any time people turn their console on and forget about it for a day. It might even be getting inflated by the low power state issue, a lot of games get their "total play time" clocks fucked up by that thing (which is an issue I've actually worked on for a few games).

My count is around 2500 hours. That might be accurate if it is counting Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and the time spent watching TV that's connected to the XB1, but that's certainly inaccurate for gaming hours.

OLph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the only thing they can count regarding time is time connected to XBox Live, not sure if the time spent on xbox live from Win 8 is included, seems like the number is kind of low.

Does anyone have any clue on what MicroSoft considers to be "Valuable Achievements", I got "When Pigs Fly" in MineCraft, "Career Criminal" in GTA V and "Fire of Justice" in Shadow of Mordor and can't see any reason for them to be more valuable than anything else...

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: dude, you're losing your shit over a stupid little nostalgia app. Who cares?

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, doesn't contain any indication of the game I've most recently been playing, Tomb Raider.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm still in the top 50%?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.