Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Do the Improved Pistol upgrades stack?

kungfugrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kungfugrip

I just got to a point where I have the option of getting Improved Pistol I, II, and III. Should I buy Improved Pistol III and skip Improved Pistol I and II, or is there an advantage to having all three upgrades?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShadyPingu

Each upgrade improves a different aspect of the pistol's performance, so I imagine that they do not, in fact, stack.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@kungfugrip: Well, yes, all three apply at the same time. You don't have to choose just one.

But no, getting Improved Pistol III will not automatically also grant you Improved Pistol I and II. It's a suggested order, but all 3 do different things, and you're free to research them out of order if you want one upgrade sooner than the others.

kungfugrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kungfugrip

@BisonHero: Cool, thanks. That's the info I was looking for. I saw somewhere online (IGN, maybe) that all three upgrades improved the chance for a crit, so I was confused.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.