Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Green Man Gaming pre-purchase deal just got even better

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BaneFireLord
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/xcom-deal/
    Not only do you get five bucks off, you also get all the Steam preorder bonuses, PLUS an additional ten dollars in credit that can go toward any item in the store (including all unreleased titles). Coupled with their 25% off coupon for this week (NOTE: this coupon does not apply to XCOM), you can get a lot of upcoming games/recent releases for hella cheap (For instance, Dark Souls for about 10 bucks, or Hitman: Absolution for just over 20). 
    pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'm this [] close to jumping all over this mother fucker. I'd probably be this ][ close if I hadn't already won (edit: I wrote one a copy intitially... ha I'm dumb) a copy of Civ 5 from one of the duders in the steamgifts thread. Fuck this game gooks so good. I guess I should check for another game I would want to use the coupon and credit towards.

Does To the Moon qualify for the 10 dollar credit? It can only be used on a digital download pc game, and To the Moon is that, so I think it should. I might bite if it does.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Ugh, GMG are a London based company and that deal is fucking US only? What a joke.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

So I'm assuming there's going to be thousands of Civ 5 copies floating around, someone make a case for me to plea for it over just playing Civ 4 and Civ 3 instead...?

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@Fredchuckdave: Just play Civ 4 instead. I mean, don't get me wrong, Civ 5 is pretty great and it has the better combat mechanics. But the fourth installment is everything a global strategy game needs to be. You'd be experiencing a weaker game with a slighty higher level of convenience as a (poor) reward for jumping straight to the newest installment. The only thing I'd trade a Civ 5 copy for right now would be the expansion for it. Which is poorly thought out logistically speaking. Civ 5 might be a good idea if all you know off is Civ:Rev though. Civ 4 happened before all of those (console-friendly) developments.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaportra1l

Wonder if this applies to orders that were already placed. $10 off might be enough to sway me to get dishonored now.

Edit: yes I did get the credit, awesome!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sanity

Took advantage of this and ended up using my credit on the borderlands 2 season pass, dont normally like season passes but with the 10 bucks credit and the 25% off coupon i got it for 12.50. Thanks for posting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.