Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Ignoring priority research

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By punisherkaos

So i started a new game and am in the 2nd month but i haven't done any priority research at all and instead have got laser weapons. Is this gonna backfire on me at all if i just keep ignoring the priority stuff cause my plan is to get all the other good stuff before i progress the story any.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's not gonna backfire (unless you screw up missions and countries panic) but it can kinda just waste time. As some of the priority research can unlock useful options like for example interrogation which will cut research times. And also access to the alien base mission which can give a massive boost to finances (much needed at the start) and panic reduction. Basically it's useful.

Considering you're already on the second month I would suggest starting on that priority research some, it wouldn't hurt.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SexyToad

You'll need the interrogation lab to research plasma weapons. So I wouldn't ignore it.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By izzygraze

I've heard that if you ignore priority research for too long then countries just start to panic randomly.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By punisherkaos

k thanks for the tips guys i think after precession lasers finishe ill start on the priority stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.