Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Slingshot or Elite Soldier DLC

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BirthWild

I just got this game recently, and I wanted to change my dudes colors for fun, y'know.

anyway, both of the DLC says they have customization options, I really just wanted to change the colors and didn't care to much about the armors and new appearances, but going through my first playthrough with the slingshot missions would be nice. So does the slingshot add the color customization that the elite soldier DLC does or do I have to get both?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

If I recall right the elite dlc is just looks no hard content.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I believe the Slingshot DLC just adds a couple of headwear options as far as customization goes. I think I read one is a beret.

The Elite Soldiers lets you customize soldiers with a ton of different color options for armor, plus three helmets and the crazy Guile-esque X-COM classic hair.

If you like customizing your dudes I did enjoy having that option from Elite Soldiers so I recommend that, but there is no other content, where as Slingshot has a couple missions and a hero character. I would have dug a beret on my sniper too. So your choice I guess. I didn't pay for anything, Elite came free with my game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

I'm pretty sure Slingshot doesn't add the colours. Just another armor deco and some dope helmets/headgear. Oh also some missions or something.

Slingshot's story content is really nothing special. I'd go for the Elite Soldier pack if I were you.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

If you can wait until a sale, do that? Charging for colour changes is pretty scummy, and publishers shouldn't be encouraged that they can get away with it.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By haffy

@TheHT said:

I'm pretty sure Slingshot doesn't add the colours. Just another armor deco and some dope helmets/headgear. Oh also some missions or something.

Slingshot's story content is really nothing special. I'd go for the Elite Soldier pack if I were you.

The heavy you get from the mission is pretty powerful and the rewards are pretty amazing. Can make iron man much easier if you get it.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Terramagi

Being able to colour your units is legitimately a strategic boon. It's nice being able to tell which of your units is which (I personally colour by class) at a glance.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiniPato

Equipping my sniper with a cap and headphones is THE best thing about the slingshot DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.